PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2008, 01:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

sbessel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question freeing up "Storage Memory" ?

I have plenty of program space free, ~43% used. But my Storage Memory is at 83%. I am unable to figure out which memory that is and how to clear out some space there. I tried the search and find large files, but that was less than worthless...

I tried deleting files and clearing up space but it seemed to make no difference there.

Can someone point me in the correct direction to find this special "storage Memory" and how I can clean it up a bit.

thanks!

Scott
Old 01-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Internet>Tools>options>Memory>Delete Files.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:42 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
What is telling you this percentage? In settings -> memory it tells you the total, in use and free in MB. The storage memory includes all programs installed to your device (not storage card) and has more than 150MB total. If you transferred any media to your device that could be it. Things like MP3s, movies, pictures. A hard reset will clear them all up, but that makes your device the way it was just after a flash. No extra installed programs, custom settings or contacts (unless you use mail2web and or other backup options). If you reached this limit with just programs i'm impressed though and would like to see a list if ya could.

Hope that helps
Old 01-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Threadstarter

sbessel is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootheresa View Post
Internet>Tools>options>Memory>Delete Files.

Thanks!

That brought me from 83% back down to 57%

The setting I am looking at is form Programs, System Info, it shows 4 memory areas here. I understand the Storage Card and Bluetooth, but confused as to the seperation of the Program Memory and Storage Memory.

Scott
Old 01-18-2008, 03:31 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Program memory = RAM
Storage memory = anywhere where you install an app on the device, copy MP3s, videos, etc. on the device instead of the card.

Hope that clears it up.

I recommend getting SK Tools or MemMaid so that you can run them every now and then to delete temp files, IE cache, etc.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue