PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 11:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Warning! Don't make my mistake!

Well I think I really screwed up this time.

I finally got tired of my storage card cover not closing completely flush when my storage card is in place so I decided to file down the card just a hair so that my storage card cover would close flush and now my phone will not recognize the storage card at all.

I don't know why. The backlight comes on as usual when I insert the card and also when it is removed but it is not displaying as any available memory when inserted into my phone.

If anyone has a suggestion to fix this please any and all help is welcome.

PS, I'm not interested in a smart a$$ answer like go buy another card. If you want to help, thanks, if not then don't waste your time replying to this post.

Thanks in advance, Dan.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Looks like the second post in the bugs thread would have helped before:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...48&postcount=2

I think someone else mentioned filing their card down and it no longer working, but i can't find that post anymore. Unfortunately last i remember there was no good news and his files were lost.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:13 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
Looks like the second post in the bugs thread would have helped before:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...48&postcount=2

I think someone else mentioned filing their card down and it no longer working, but i can't find that post anymore. Unfortunately last i remember there was no good news and his files were lost.
I really hope this isn't entirely the case. I can't imagine that filing down a solid piece of plastic would effect the card at all.

This is really weird.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor
Try reading it from your computer in the SD Adapter, that is if you have an SD Card reader on your computer. Maybe go buy a USB SD Reader key if not. Or if you have a Digital Cam that uses SD you can use that too with the usb cable for the camera.

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com
Old 01-14-2008, 12:52 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmobilelawyer View Post
Try reading it from your computer in the SD Adapter, that is if you have an SD Card reader on your computer. Maybe go buy a USB SD Reader key if not. Or if you have a Digital Cam that uses SD you can use that too with the usb cable for the camera.
I'm gonna try that. I have an adapter and my laptop does have an SD card reader/writer built right into it. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll post my results.

EDIT::

Just tried your idea but with no success. It seems that the card's circuitry goes all the way into the little lip on the end of the card. Here's a picture:

Last edited by DHarvey; 01-14-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:57 AM
Lurker

Onitsoga is a n00b
i might sound like a complete idiot... and im sure people will let me know... but... could filling it maybe cause some sort of electro magnetic discharge and screw up the memory?
Old 01-14-2008, 01:07 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onitsoga View Post
i might sound like a complete idiot... and im sure people will let me know... but... could filling it maybe cause some sort of electro magnetic discharge and screw up the memory?
This is also possible but I think I filed away part of the circuitry and that's why I'm getting no life from the card now.

See my previous post and click the picture and blow it up until it won't get any bigger and you will see.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:21 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klurf8881 View Post
well not to give a smart a$$ answer but you clearly exposed the insides of the card permanently damaging it, so youre only option its looking like is a new one and learn from the experience.
I don't consider that a smart a$$ answer because you're right. I did my research after I had already made the mistake so you're absolutely right. I've been saving a few dollars here and there to get an 8 Gig Micro SDHC card but I'm not quite there. Another week or so and I'll have the money to get it.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Is this a normal issue with the side door for the memory slot not closing?
Just wondering cause iv had no problem at all, with 3 diff cards...
Old 01-14-2008, 08:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP12PREDIAMONDMOMENTEVO
Carrier: anyone

veronicamays is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
I don't consider that a smart a$$ answer because you're right. I did my research after I had already made the mistake so you're absolutely right. I've been saving a few dollars here and there to get an 8 Gig Micro SDHC card but I'm not quite there. Another week or so and I'll have the money to get it.
Do a search on ebay for fastmemoryman, I ordered one and it came in retail packaging from sandisk. It was only 80 bucks too.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue