PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Polen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Vista Cube 2.0

This was developed for the Sprint Touch.

Here you go folks. Vista Cube 2.0

This cube skin was designed with the 4x3 APLauncher that Musicman and Zyphlin used in the iCube. The 4x3 design allows for 12 icons per cube side, so if you install the 4 sided cube, you will have the ability of 36 application icons.

I’m providing 4 different installs with each having 24 preconfigured icons/applications. All these preconfigured application come with the Sprint Touch, so you won’t have to install any applications to use these cube skins. I decided that the 3App Media Hub side that came with the original cube is a waste of space, so I removed it.

Here’s a list of the preconfigured applications.

Media Player
HTC Album
SprintTV
Calculator
Notes
Voice Recorder
Word
PowerPoint
Excel
ActiveSync
Tasks
Outlook
Live Search
MSN Messenger
Internet Explorer
SMS Text Messenger
On Demand
Internet Sharing
Bubble Breaker
Solitaire
File Explorer
Comm Manager
Settings
Programs

This is a demo of the 3 sided cube fully configured with matching animations.
VistaCube2.0_Full_Animations.cab

This is a demo of the 3 sided cube fully configured with Blank animations.
VistaCube2.0_Blank_Animations.cab

This is a demo of the 4 sided cube partially configured with matching animations
for the configured sides and blank animations for the 4th side.
VistaCube2.0_4sides_Part_Animations.cab

This is a demo of the 4 sided cube partially configured with Blank animations.
VistaCube2.0_4sides_Blank_Animations.cab

Just download and unzip one of these attached files I provided,
copy the CAB file to your Sprint Touch and run it. The Cab is
uninstallable, so if you don't like, just uninstall.

Update 2-7-2008
The newest version of Live Search changed it's path location. I provided a small cab file to modify the Live Search Path called LivePathFix.CAB. copy this to your device and run it. If you want the latest Live Search goto this address with your device.

ls.windowsmobile.com

-Polen
Vista Dialer for Sprint Touch
Vista Keyboard for Sprint Touch
Donations Welcome so my wife doesn't think I'm wasting my time.

Last edited by Polen; 02-07-2008 at 09:21 AM.
This post has been thanked 30 times.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Polen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I'm using this post to provide information about the icons and registry entries for those who want to develope icons and configuration programs for the Vista Cube 2.0

The icons from the original cube that has 6 applications per side will NOT work on this cube setup.

The dimensions of the icons are 80x80 and the icons backgrounds are the same no matter where they are on the cube side, so you will only need to create 2 images for each icon, the icon image and the icon pressed image. I have provided a Photoshop file with the effects and layers you will need to make icons for Vista Cube 2.0.

I have also provided all my previous icons that I made in all the Vista Cube 2.0 installs. All my icons are installed into this directory.

\Program Files\Vista Cube\Icons

I named all my icons starting with Polen and adding -press to the name for the pressed image of the icon. I also provided the bmp of the icon for configuration programs.

The registry entries for Vista Cube 2.0 are similar to my previous Vista Cube but with more apps per APLauncher.

Here's an example of the registry entries for the 3 Sided cube
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\APLauncher
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\APLauncher2

Here's an example of the registry entries for the 4 Sided cube
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\APLauncher
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\APLauncher2
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\APLauncher3

Now, each APLauncher has 12 keys under them, each for an icon/application.
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\APLauncher\App0
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\APLauncher\App1
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\APLauncher\App2
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\APLauncher\App3
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\APLauncher\App4
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\APLauncher\App5
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\APLauncher\App6
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\APLauncher\App7
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\APLauncher\App8
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\APLauncher\App9
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\APLauncher\App10
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\APLauncher\App11

Here's the location of each App key relative to the cube face.

-----------------------
| App0 | App4 | App8 |
-----------------------
| App1 | App5 | App9 |
-----------------------
| App2 | App6 | App10 |
-----------------------
| App3 | App7 | App11 |
-----------------------

Here a little HowTo for help making changes yourself without a configuration tool.

You will need to edit the registry of your device to make changes. I do not take any responsibility for you breaking the operation of your phone for any thing you do in the registry.

I like to make all my changes from my desktop computer with CeRegEditor.

Connect your device and have ActiveSync/Sync Center on your computer configured. After your device is connected to your computer, you select Connect in CeRegEditor from the Connections menu item, then you will want to open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then Software, then HTC, then Biotouch. Now you will see key names of APLauncher, APLauncher2 and if you installed the 4sided cube you will see APLauncher3. Under each of these keys you will see more keys named App0 through App11. Each App# is related to the icon of the APLauncher key you went into.

Under the App# key you will see these values.

Path - This is the path and exe to the application
Name - ignore
Param - Optional - Command line arguments for the application
Height - ignore
Width - ignore
yPos - ignore
xPos - ignore
Type - ignore
IconPath - This is the path to the image for the icon you see.
IconPressPath - This is the path to the image for the icon when it is pressed on.

-Polen
Attached Files
File Type: zip VistaCube2.0_Icon_Layers.zip (28.7 KB, 942 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Polen; 01-13-2008 at 03:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
Great work Polen ! ! About to install now. Will the cube configurator work with this?
Thanks, but currently the Configuration Tool will only change icons for App0 through App5.

I provided information in my 2nd post, so hopefully thisguyinoc will take the time to modify his program. For know I provided much infor mation on how to edit the registry entries yourself.

-Polen

Last edited by Polen; 01-13-2008 at 03:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpjones View Post
Polen,

Thanks a ton for the new cube.....I am currently using your 6 sided version and was needing room for more apps. I have a couple of questions/requests...

Could you create an install that has the media hub (I kind of like it) and 4 sides of 12 apps? It is easy to only show 1, 2, 3, or all 4 by changing the TotalCubes registry entry so it would be nice to have them all available if needed.
Sorry, I don't have any plans to add the media hub. I personally use the VistaCube2.0_Full_Animations install, so I only need to flip the cube twice to see everything. I only added the 4 side, because Zyphlin said it would be nice to have a 4th side for Internet favorites. I might use it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpjones View Post
I was using several of the icons that had been created (Opera, Memory Maid, Sprite, etc) and need them for the new cube. I have installed Gimp and would like to try and create them using the layered icon you included above. Where do I find transparent icons like the Explorer on you made? I started by just trying to find one for Opera and have not had any luck.

How hard is it to make the animations include any custom icons we put in the cube?

Thanks again for you work!
All my original icons are in all these installs. Look in \Program Files\Vista Cube\Icons and you will see PolenOpera.brn and PolenOpera-press.brn

When making Icons I will manually remove the background of an image with the Magic Wand Tool and/or the Eraser Tool. You want to create a new layer for each image.

-Polen

Last edited by Polen; 01-13-2008 at 07:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfportRMG View Post
I know that you've stated this is for the Sprint Touch, but do you think this CAB would run properly with the Alltel Touch 4 cube configuration??

PS: Thanks for the hard work !
Well, a quick look over the Alltel's Touch owners manual shows me it's the same phone, so I'm thinking it should work, but I have no confirmation of this install of mine working on the Alltel Touch.

Has anyone with the Alltel Touch tried it?

-Polen
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Check the First post's attachments. I provided a cab file in the zip file LivePathFix.zip

-Polen
Old 02-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

amg9mm is a n00b
live search fix.

Thank you.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc vogue
Carrier: sprint

dag16 is a n00b
Wow,
Polen, you've done great work, thanks!
Does anyone have an icon for Gmail by any chance?
Thanks!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

Beachbumcook is a n00b
hey Polen,

The o' Vista Cube 2.0 is working like a charm since installing a month or more ago.

Quick question... only becuase I pride myself on being observant...

Are you Caucasion or Black??? I only ask becuase the images of the people on the cube speed dial appear "African American" - dark skin and black hair? Can't remember what the "stock" images look like and all works well... but was just curious if you modified the images to be more pleasing to you?

Love the program and thanks for the support in the past... just had to ask as I do not use actual images for my speed dials.

Thanks,
Old 02-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbumcook View Post
Are you Caucasion or Black???
I'm Caucasion. I got just about all my Icons from Vista. If you have Vista, goto the Control Panel and look at the icon for "User Accounts".

-Polen
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue