PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel

armus is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which reg hacks to use

Just got my 6900 two days ago and found you all. First thing I did was hit the registry hacks list and pulled up two I'd love to have - better way to scroll through the contacts and get rid of mobile sites. Both said they worked for the touch and WM6 even. Neither did anything for me. In fact, the mobile site hack caused my machine to slow down and have some sort of a dead program running. Had to remove it.

So does the Alltel 6900 have a an uncompatible firmware or something? I really would like a standard yahoo front page instead of the mobile crap. It's hard to know what does and does not work, even when it says it does
Old 01-12-2008, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

alpha_omega is a n00b
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by armus View Post
Just got my 6900 two days ago and found you all. First thing I did was hit the registry hacks list and pulled up two I'd love to have - better way to scroll through the contacts and get rid of mobile sites. Both said they worked for the touch and WM6 even. Neither did anything for me. In fact, the mobile site hack caused my machine to slow down and have some sort of a dead program running. Had to remove it.

So does the Alltel 6900 have a an uncompatible firmware or something? I really would like a standard yahoo front page instead of the mobile crap. It's hard to know what does and does not work, even when it says it does
Why not just use opera mini 4 to view it? Its free and can install on an phone with java.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:32 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
on the bottom of googleand yahoo they have an option to view it in mobile or classic version...just click classic and you get the full one.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i found jbed and opera mini. i'm no stranger to it from my BB days. still dont like the indirect field entering feature of opera. but ill keep it for special cases. im starting to get use to it and so far have worked through my issues. im sure ill have more though
Old 01-12-2008, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

and yahoo does not have a classic view that i have seen
Old 01-12-2008, 06:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I would also like to remove some of the junk in the Program window, like Axcess Shop and Pocket Express. i don't plan on buying anything for this phone and certainly don't want links to shopping sites on my phone
Old 01-12-2008, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

nm, I fixed my junk icon problem with a call to tech support. no they didn't know the answer but while I was on hold for 10 minutes I figured it out. like regular windows, mw has a folder that is a direct link to the menu. and in that folder is the menu for the programs. they font say shortcuts but that's what they are. so I moved them into a junk folder. may delete them later even.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue