PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2008, 02:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: sprint

pjrey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
push email/startup folder.. i deleted it...

hope that was ok...
i noticed push.exe in my windows/startup on my htc touch... i removed it... i do no email on my phone.. it is used for just a phone/maybe a picture here or there...
there is something else in there.. mw.exe.. i had no idea what that was so i left it...

what does push email mean? sorry if i sound like a newborn...
under mobile email settings, you can chnange the settings, by checking or unchecking PUSH EMAIL? i dont know what that means...

it was checked, and my phone kept trying to connect... unchecked it, and saved and that fixed that....

an off topic question...
is there a way to see wm6, not the htc home plugin? is there a way to temperarily close the htc plugin? is that another dumb question?
im learning... fast....

thanks!
pj
Old 01-10-2008, 02:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
First off, push mail means that your phone does not need to check the email servers for email, the email is "pushed" to your phone instantly...

Secondly, to turn off htc home go:
Start:Settings:Personal:Today: and items, then uncheck what you do or dont want...
Old 01-10-2008, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

pjrey is just getting started
just uncheck what you dont want... that makes sense.. but isnt there still something running? when you startup, it must be pointing to the htc interface... oh well, im very happy with it, just curious is all...

push... still dont quite understand it... i dont have the vision plan.. so i dont know... but if i connect my htc to my laptop via bluetooth.. .and sync.. i can use the internet on the phone (why would i want that. besides being able to update WM6.. i wouldnt.. just testing things out)... but i entered my mail server and pass, and i recieved and sent emails no problem... i UNchecked the PUSH email checkbox... and noticed NO change... im confused... for those of you who have the vision plan.. do you leave your connection on all the time? if not.. when you connect, isnt that when you would check your email?
thanks!

p

Last edited by pjrey; 01-10-2008 at 02:48 AM.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Push mail only works with service that is compatible with it, like microsoft exchange mail server, and gmail, and some other imap based push mail services...
you dont notice a diff, cause your server doesnt support it...

as for using the internet connection from your computer on your phone, i know nothing about that... i know about using the phone as a modem but not the other way around...

I dont know what you mean pointing to the htc interface... the options i told you to uncheck were just items that show on your today screen...

hit me up on aim if you need more help...
divxrippimpmac - laptop
nickkmobile - phone
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue