PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Dripdrown is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Basic Touch Questions:

I have a Sprint Touch and have a few questions that I couldn't find to the point answers to, so instead of starting a bunch of mini threads I consolidated them all into this one.

1. How can I adjust the screen sensitivity so I don't have to push on it so hard?

2. Is there an easy way to add programs to the "Items" list for the HTC home screen? The stock one pretty much works for me, but I would like to have S2U2, Google Maps, and Opera on the main screen.

3. Has anyone found a fix for Active Sync killing the wireless connection on my laptop whenever the phone is attached to USB (Sony VAIO laptop)?

4. Is it a known problem that after a few days without a restart S2U2 clock stops refreshing and ends up way behind until the phone is unlocked and S2U2 is run again?
Old 12-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Polen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripdrown View Post
I have a Sprint Touch and have a few questions that I couldn't find to the point answers to, so instead of starting a bunch of mini threads I consolidated them all into this one.

1. How can I adjust the screen sensitivity so I don't have to push on it so hard?
Perform the screen alignment and press as lightly as you can. There is also a reg entry to set, search for touchflo in the forums.

Quote:
2. Is there an easy way to add programs to the "Items" list for the HTC home screen? The stock one pretty much works for me, but I would like to have S2U2, Google Maps, and Opera on the main screen.
There's a X button on the far right that puts it into edit mode so you can remove icons. Then press it again to exit edit mode and you can then press the box you removed an icon from to add another of your choice. This is in the manual.

Quote:
3. Has anyone found a fix for Active Sync killing the wireless connection on my laptop whenever the phone is attached to USB (Sony VAIO laptop)?
You could try turning off Advanced Network Functionality under Settings, Communications, USB to PC and see if that helps. I don't sync with a laptop, so I not sure about this problem.

Quote:
4. Is it a known problem that after a few days without a restart S2U2 clock stops refreshing and ends up way behind until the phone is unlocked and S2U2 is run again?
I had to many problems with S2U2 or any other application that runs all the time. For one, S2U2 would disable my Bluetooth. I try not to run anything that runs at startup.

-Polen
Vista Dialer for Sprint Touch
Vista Keyboard for Sprint Touch
Donations Welcome so my wife doesn't think I'm wasting my time.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Jonahan is a n00b
Quote:
I wouldn't call this a "fix," exactly, since this is designed behavior. It's a setting on your laptop, as opposed to your device. If you have Vista, launch the Windows Mobile Device Center, open Mobile Device Settings, click Connection Settings, and enable "Allow data connections on device when connected to PC." If you don't have Vista, then I'd just check for a similar setting in Active Sync.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue