PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2008, 04:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Shaska is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
He had no clue that sprint had a HTC Vogue... The fact he was generalizing the Elf as "touch" kinda supports that theory...

(But then again, HTC is not helping much with all these different names between them, the carriers, and the users)
Old 01-17-2008, 04:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
I still dont get when the HTC Touch became the HTC Vogue... it was never sold to me under that name?

Or is it the Touch on sprint
The Elf on GSM
and the Vogue in general?
Old 01-17-2008, 04:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Alltel

OrionSX is just getting started
The Sprint Touch, the little black device with 128 meg of RAM, no GPS nor Wifi, and the Qualcomm 7500 processor, is the HTC Vogue. Its a CDMA version of HTC's "Touch," which is in fact the Elf. (Similar to the Tytn II is also the Kaiser, but AT&T calls it the "Tilt" and the "8925").

The HTC Elf sports a TI OMAP 200mhz processor, 64 meg of RAM, and wifi (and I think GPS, not sure though.)

You can also check out their funky rebranding by looking at the Sprint Mogul. Its known as the HTC Titan, but Sprint calls it a Mogul, Alltel calls it a PPC6800, and Verizon calls it an XV6800.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
I knew all that... but i didnt know what the vogue name was attached to... thats weird that you say its the cdma version of the touch, cause sprint calls it the touch... thats why i never knew where the vogue name came from...
Old 01-17-2008, 10:43 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Vogue is a denomination given by HTC, Touch is more of a marketing purpose.

If you go to your device's Device Information under Settings, you will see that the device name is something like VOGU100, the same way the Mogul's is TITA100 (or something alike).

That's where these names are from...

And since the original poster has not posted again in a month clarifying the thread, I'm just going to lock it until I get a PM or something.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue