PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2007, 08:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

sj808 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Want push email?? just get a hotmail/live account...

I didn't even realize this until I read it off Sprint users. I had a old hotmail account back in the days... but haven't used it in the last 6-7 years. I'm use my gmail account mostly for everything.

Well, I signed up for a hotmail account using @live.com and set up on my phone. I sent a test email to the account and I got it instant. I also have my gmail account forward the mail to the hotmail one and thats pushed as well.

This might be old news to some but new and great news for me.

So if you want push... just get a hotmail account, its free.

Last edited by sj808; 11-30-2007 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

brodee is a n00b
I set this up on mine but it's not working. Any special things you needed to do?
Old 12-03-2007, 06:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodee View Post
I set this up on mine but it's not working. Any special things you needed to do?

when you setup a hotmail account, it should automatically take you to windows live setup. Make sure you have the Sync Frequency setting set on "As Items Arrive" and the Time setting on "always".

Its been working for me the last 6 days. very good for the battery since I don't have my touch scheduling to check the email every so often even when there's no new mail. I got my gmail forwarding to my hotmail and I been getting those instantly.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

agentmikeyd is a n00b
is the Sync Frequency setting you describe completed on the Touch or on the hotmail.com from the PC? I cant find them....

thanks

Last edited by agentmikeyd; 12-03-2007 at 07:12 AM.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentmikeyd View Post
is the Sync Frequency setting you describe completed on the Touch or on the hotmail.com from the PC? I cant find them....

thanks

on the Touch...

When you setup a hotmail email in Outlook pocket, it'll automatically proceed in Windows Live setup (this is what it did for me).

All you have to do is go in the options in Outlook for the hotmail account or just go in Windows Live and go to "Options"...

Whatever you're sync schedule is... just set it to "as items arrive"
Old 12-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

agentmikeyd is a n00b
thanks!

is there a way to make the Live Calendar the one that shows up on the bottom of the Touch's Today screen?
Old 12-03-2007, 08:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentmikeyd View Post
thanks!

is there a way to make the Live Calendar the one that shows up on the bottom of the Touch's Today screen?
I have no idea since I haven't synced my Live calendar/contacts... I think it'll just get my outlook contacts messed up.

hmmmm, I just use the regular Outlook calendar /via Today Agenda Today screen plug in which has better options then the standard calendar settings.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

brodee is a n00b
I did all the reading last night on how to set it up and put the sync frequency correct, etc. Just doesn't pop in there as it should with pus. I go in and check it after 5 minutes and it pulls it on a manual check though. I'll keep trying with it.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Axim x50v

av8er is a n00b
A problem I've found with this setup, when you enter Airplane Mode the phone will become unstable as the live app continually tries to connect/listen to the network. turning the Airplane Mode off does not fix the problem and you will need to soft reset the phone to get things working again. Not good for me as I turn on Airplane Mode several times a day.

I've also found that this causes the phone to lockup in standby mode sometime during the night draining the battery to 5%. No, I do not have attachments set to save to SD or any apps stored on the SD. The phone was working great until I setup the Live account and the standby lockup issue came back.

Do any of you know how to delete the Live account? Delete is grayed out and I don't want to hard reset...
Old 12-04-2007, 06:51 PM
N00b

TheNegotiator is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8er View Post
A problem I've found with this setup, when you enter Airplane Mode the phone will become unstable as the live app continually tries to connect/listen to the network. turning the Airplane Mode off does not fix the problem and you will need to soft reset the phone to get things working again. Not good for me as I turn on Airplane Mode several times a day.

I've also found that this causes the phone to lockup in standby mode sometime during the night draining the battery to 5%. No, I do not have attachments set to save to SD or any apps stored on the SD. The phone was working great until I setup the Live account and the standby lockup issue came back.

Do any of you know how to delete the Live account? Delete is grayed out and I don't want to hard reset...
in order to delete a live account you gotta go into it and act as if you are going to open one all over again and you will have an option to remove the current one set up. I had trouble figuring it out a while back....but i got it off with out a hard reset, but i have a feeling that this response wont help you much cause its not very specific, but just try out what I said..and you might be able to figure it out...if you really cant Ill set up a live account on my phone and ill tell you how to take it off, i have to see it on my phone and remove it to be specific.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue