PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 12:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Activesync problem - losing partnership and unable to recreate

OK - my Touch has a new problem...

Two days ago, I went to turn on my phone and it prompted me for a password.. I didn't have a password - so just soft-resetted the phone.. it came back and everything looked normal, but my activesync partners (laptop + exchange server) were gone..

It allowed me to add the exchange server again and was pushing emails without any issues - but I went to connect it to my laptop - and it wouldn't popup the activesync screen...

restored from the backup (SPB Backup) - and all was well..

Today - same thing happened This time, I decided to troubleshoot it more. No matter what I did, it wouldn't let me add my laptop as an activesync partner Even went as far as testing a new notificaiton type 'on rs232 connect' set to a random program.. nothing.. it just won't connect through usb...

I'm currently in the middle of a restore again but has anyone seen this before?

It's not the desktop.. (after the restore, it worked on the same exact port/usb cable as before)

Symptom seem to be on power-on, prompt for password.. when resetted, lose activesync partners...

-mark
Old 11-28-2007, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

lowpro3210 is becoming a great contributor
yes, this has happened to me due to the fact I have done a hard reset on my phone once or twice .... best thing to do is, at least what I did was from PC; go to START, add/remove programs, and removed "microsoft activesync" and re-installed....worked for me
Old 11-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I don't think it's the microsoft end.. simply re-storing the phone w/ spb backup makes it work.
-mark
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue