PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

riironman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how does OZ work?

I am confused and am having trouble looking for straight forward answers.

1. I heard it uses text but why does it need the internet?

2. Does it kill the battery when it stays on and does it go to idle?

3. after idle will it alert me when i get a message or does it spool the messages until i log on again?

I am used to having agile and im+ and those were battery killers. i loved verichat because it used data then switched to text after it went ito background mode...to bad thats gone.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Darkflame808 is keeping up the good workDarkflame808 is keeping up the good work
It uses internet to authorize your phone and handle the status of your contact info. It uses text to send/receive messages. they do this to allow you to stay connected without burning battery life on idle messages sent on the evdo network. Or rather to sell you a text plan.

Basically it put's a front end gui on the freely available text messaging messenger options out there.

If you kill the program it will log you out. Minimize is ok.

Last edited by Darkflame808; 11-27-2007 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:08 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Thanks for the clarification, I was curious about this as well!

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 11-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by riironman View Post
I am confused and am having trouble looking for straight forward answers.

1. I heard it uses text but why does it need the internet?

2. Does it kill the battery when it stays on and does it go to idle?

3. after idle will it alert me when i get a message or does it spool the messages until i log on again?

I am used to having agile and im+ and those were battery killers. i loved verichat because it used data then switched to text after it went ito background mode...to bad thats gone.
It uses SMS and Data.

SMS is used for background mode. As mentioned above, when in background mode a 3rd party (Sprint?) maintains your presence on the IM network for you. This way your device does not maintain a constant data connection to the IM servers, draining your battery (and it does drain over a couple of hours).

Data is used to log on to the IM network(s) and for use when actually chatting with someone (contra Darkflame808 ).

The idea is this: you log on (data) --> minimize/background mode (SMS) --> actual chatting (data)

When someone IMs you while you are in background mode, the message goes from their computer --> AIM --> Sprint (SMS) --> your device, which is then woken up from sleep mode with a new IM notification. If you accept the chat, it then direct connects to the IM server (uses data).

The issue right now is in the lag for the SMS notification on Sprint's network, which is quite slow.

Last edited by Malatesta; 11-27-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

riironman is just getting started
thank you very much..i left it on all day and no battery drain...almost as good as verichat. i looked everywhere for a explaination,even the oz website.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue