PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

rroubaix is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cannot install Opera Mini 4

When I try to install the Mini 4 I can't do it. I'll freely admit that I'm an idiot. Here's what I did:

I installed Mini 4 and it was working, but was constantly asking for permission to access web sites. I attempted a mod to the Windows/appdb/selector.utf file suggested on the pdaphonehome site. My computer froze up while I was making the mod and the file was corrupted, and I couldn't fix it. Now when I try to open Mini it flashes for a moment to a blank Java screen and then closes.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I really like the Mini browser and would like to use it. If it can't be fixed without examining the unit, is there anyone I could send it to who knows what they're doing?

AARGHH
Old 11-27-2007, 01:02 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
You'll have to reinstall it. When you access the internet with it the first time, it will ask you for permission to access. You have to select "Yes, always allow access". If you do that, it'll never ask you again.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jaytv is becoming a great contributor
Are you running the embedded java (the one that came with it) or using another JVM (java virtual machine, or manager)?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rroubaix is a n00b

Thanks for the replies, I finally got it to reinstall.
When I try to open a site, usually I get only two permission choices: Yes this time, or Yes this session...I don't get a Yes always option.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
You'll have to have another go at selector.utf to fix that.

Don't try to edit that file directly over USB link. Copy it up to PC, edit then copy it back. I have a general habbit that I copy the file to storage card and then do the final copy on onto the original with total commander. This file is not a ROM file but it's a good habit to do it this way because it works with replacing ROM files as well.

I think there might be copies of the file preedited in this forum or on pdaphonehome.com touch forum.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rroubaix is a n00b

Thanks, that's excellent advice. I couldn't find the file on either website, so I think I'll just put up with the hassle....I spent several hours of mounting frustration to get it back to where it was.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue