PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fatlard is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Car Mount

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good car mount for the Touch?
Old 12-01-2007, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

mtnmedic is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have a good mount that works nicely...

This may sound crazy but I have a solution that works nicely. I have a Mio h610 Digiwalker GPS Navigator (it's really small) that came with a great windshield mount. The h610 is ever so slightly wider, just a bit shorter and about 1/3 thicker than the Touch. The h610 simply slides down into place in its mount, which has an opening on the bottom for earphone and mini-USB charging cable access. Out of curiousity, I pulled out the h610 and slid in the Touch to see how it would fit.

Interestingly, it's a perfect fit albeit there is a little bit of extra space front-to-back but not enough to cause any big issues. Even if it was an issue to someone it could easily be remedied by affixing something (padding or whatever) on the inside back of the device holder (cradle, if you'd like to call it that) to take up the space. However, I find the open space good for the Touch's external speaker. As it is, the Touch stays place and doesn't move around or come out even with the roughest ride. Plus, when you pull it up and out of the device holder it comes out quickly and easily. Look Ma! No clamps or tensioners to ratchet or squeeze the death out of my device! HUGE plus. [What's super cool is the h610 uses the same charging devices as the Touch)

The mount comes in two parts. The base has a large suction cup that has a lever that controls the suction mounting. The boom end is extendable and the head is pivotable up-down as well as left-right which has locking mechanisms to keep things solid. The second part is the device holder itself, which simply slides and locks into place on the head of the mount.

Below are a couple of small stock manufacturer pics, one showing the device holder and a group of accessories that include the entire mount with the device holder attached and a Mio h610 in it. Don't be fooled by what looks like a short mount: it really does extend outward to bring it closer to you from the windshield. The suction cup works very nicely and the whole thing is beefy and rock-solid. None of that wimpy bouncy flexible gooseneck stuff.

These are the stock mount items from Mio so you can probably find them around the web or just get them direct from Mio www.miogps.com or www.mio-tech.com)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg acc_h610_device_holder_b.jpg (5.0 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: gif 32068851-2-300-DT1.gif (9.4 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!

"No...but if we think fast enough, we just might live to lie about it."

Last edited by mtnmedic; 12-01-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue