PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 10:56 PM
N00b

therock is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
new Touch XL with 256MB/128MB

any one has any experience with this new touch..my buddy just got one and its has the same processor 201mhz but the rom and ram has doubled..I the interface looks a little better than the first touch.

so some said the new touch XL does not compatible with installing new roms...is that true.they said if they do ..the phone will brick..any suggestions anyone..thanks
Old 11-19-2007, 01:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Mustang46L is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Mustang46L
This phone does in fact have more memory than the original Touch/Vogue/Elf and it has a processor a 400Mhz instead of 201Mhz. This one also works on CDMA technology instead of GSM.

Currently there is no ROM development that is publicly going on for the CDMA version of the Touch because it is a great device out of the box and with 128MB of RAM it isn't as necessary. Any ROM that you see is for the GSM variant and WILL brick your Touch.
Compaq H3650 --> Handspring 600 (Sprint) --> HTC 6600 (Sprint) --> Dell Axim X51v --> HTC Mogul (Sprint) --> HTC Touch (Sprint) --> HTC Diamond (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) --> Palm Pre (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Old 11-19-2007, 01:26 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

therock is a n00b
hi there...your right about the double in rom and ram but it still has a 201 mhz..processor.
so i have to wait for a new rom to be developed so until then i have to keep the original setting etc.

how can i tell if this is the gsm or cdma,i htink i am on the gsm one i have my accout with rogers wireless using the edge connection..telus has the same touch with the same memory but has a 400 mhz processor...but no wifi....thanks
Old 11-19-2007, 01:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch/Vogue
Carrier: Sprint SERO

gtnotoriouz is a n00b
I believe GSM uses SIM-cards, CDMA phones do not have a slot for a SIM card. Anyhow, I checked Rogers Wireless website and they only have the original HTC Touch meaning you have the GSM 201 MHz version.

Sprint SERO: Sprint Mogul --> Sprint Touch

Old 11-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang46L View Post
This phone does in fact have more memory than the original Touch/Vogue/Elf and it has a processor a 400Mhz instead of 201Mhz. This one also works on CDMA technology instead of GSM.

Currently there is no ROM development that is publicly going on for the CDMA version of the Touch because it is a great device out of the box and with 128MB of RAM it isn't as necessary. Any ROM that you see is for the GSM variant and WILL brick your Touch.
Your rom development assumption is completely untrue. The reason there are no custom roms for the CDMA touch is because it has not been unlocked yet so the custom rom tools can not be tested or developed. There is no such thing as a "perfect" rom which would make custom rom development go away. I already have a test rom which is the stock rom, but has an increase of 10mb storage. May not be needed for some people, but i can't think of anything bad about extra storage due to more efficient compression. Once I get a device or more time with a daring individual i'll be able to test the patched SPL and "custom" rom.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue