PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

rijc99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Boxwave cases: Must Read!

For those of you who are considering purchasing a Boxwave Flex case or Active Case, you may want to reconsider. The case they are giving you are intended for a GSM Touch which is different from a CDMA Touch. Furthermore, they will not refund you the shipping fee if you decide to return a product that clearly is not intended for our phone.

Look on their web page, Their Sprint Touch case pictures show the mirror at the 12 o'clock position and the speaker close to the edge of the phone. Our Touch has the mirror positioned at the 10:30 position and the speaker more inboard. Plus most review sites have stated that the CDMA Touch is a tad bigger than the GSM version. The flex case will stretch but the holes are in the wrong places and the Boxwave logo is crooked. The hard case will not fit as the camera and mirror requires a recess in the back piece and due to the fact they are positioned different, it simply will not work.

Here are the correspondences between myself and Boxwave. Some others are experiencing the same thing I am on PDAPHONEHOME so please don't let this happen to you too.

FROM ME -->

To Whom it may concern:

I ordered a Sprint Touch skin case on Thursday 11/8. When I received the case, I notice it was not the correct fit. It appears your Sprint Touch case is intended for the GSM Touch which is a little different from the Sprint Touch. The camera placement and rear speaker are some of the differences. Because the case did not fit my phone perfectly, I decided to order the Active Case for a SPRINT Touch.

When I ordered the Sprint Touch Active Case I requested Expedited overnight shipping because I needed a case. As I have said, the rubber case could fit but it did not offer proper protection.

When I received the case, it again was for a GSM Touch. This case will not fit as it is hard plastic.

I don’t mind keeping the rubber case, however, the hard case is useless to me. Please issue a RMA and refund in the amount of $54.45.

Again, the Sprint Touch is different from the GSM Touch.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Richard

FROM THEM -->

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Active Case. However, we have found that the two are compatible with one another. I'd be happy to assist you with a refund.

Please review our Returns Policy before you return our products back to us:

http://www.boxwave.com/faq/faq_topic_1.htm#return

By returning an item (or items) back to us, you are agreeing to the Returns Policy terms.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:32 PM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
I noticed. I was going to buy a screen protector but quickly looked elsewhere after they replied that it was the "same" as the GSM version.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rijc99 is a n00b
Here's Boxwave's response to another buyer.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/htc-t...tml#post684023

Maybe they can tell my phone that it's an urban myth... Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97501007@N00/2036241543/
Old 11-20-2007, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rijc99 is a n00b
Just got this today from Boxwave.

However, they still won't address my request for a refund of shipping fees.

--->
Dear Richard,

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to inform you that we currently do not carry any FlexiSkins for the Spring Touch device.

I would recommend for you to place a product request on our BoxWave website if you have not done so already. We would appreciate your suggestion since we develop our products based on the number of requests we receive for a particular model.

Once a product request has been created, we will have your request on file, and will email you once the product does become available.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

ivtec20 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwing View Post
I noticed. I was going to buy a screen protector but quickly looked elsewhere after they replied that it was the "same" as the GSM version.
I'm currently being told that the screen protectors are different between the HTC Touch and the Sprint Touch.

Seems like Boxwave customer service is absolutely clueless.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:19 PM
N00b

desh is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivtec20 View Post
I'm currently being told that the screen protectors are different between the HTC Touch and the Sprint Touch.

Seems like Boxwave customer service is absolutely clueless.
I just received 3 screen protectors from Boxwave for my Sprint Touch (package says for PDA model BWCT-S1DPD). I've tried to line them up from the bottom left, but you can't make it exact. It has to be slightly up or you'll run the bottom off the glass. Once that's complete, the right and top parts of the glass have about a 1mm + gap... Not exactly what I'd want on a device that has a flush face and definitely not as exact a fit as their protectors for the Mogul.

I suspect that once again they've tried marketing one size protector for both the HTC and Sprint models, though I'm hoping they just sent me the wrong ones by mistake. I've sent them email, I'll report back what they have to say.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:20 PM
N00b

desh is a n00b
Has anyone found a high quality protector (anti-glare/fingerprint) that fits perfectly with the Touch?
Old 02-06-2008, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

PlainShane is a n00b
bump..

Has anyone had success with the Boxwave cases be that of the Silicone Skins or the Plastic Snapons? I have heard too much bad stuff about Seidio and really need a case. Reading this forum makes me so paranoid to even purchase anything that my Touch has been Naked for the past month. What really works!??

edit: F*** it I just ordered a Seidio Super Slim Rubberized case and about to order a Boxwave screen protector. I had to snap out of this unsettling paranoia which all of these user reviews instill.

Last edited by PlainShane; 02-06-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

PlainShane is a n00b
I have had my Seidio case for a couple days now and love it. The plastic appears to be of high quality and does not cover anything up. The piece was a bit expensive but worth it nevertheless. 5/5 stars
Old 02-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Lurker

supercluver is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by desh View Post
Has anyone found a high quality protector (anti-glare/fingerprint) that fits perfectly with the Touch?
I got these, they seem perfect to me. They appear to understand the difference between the GSM and CDMA Touch.

http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main.as...tem=WSPDA035MK
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue