PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700..6800..touch..diamond..pro
Carrier: sprint

adrian2pm is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emarketingdept View Post
I just did a hard reset on my Touch and I will keep it like that for a few days to see if HTC Home Customizer or any other 3rd party apps or tweaks caused the issue.... I will keep everyone posted......
how do you hard reset the touch
Old 11-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

shifty50 is a n00b
This was a major problem on my mogul and the main reason i went with a touch. For the first week or so, I didn't have this issue even once. Then the other day it started happening so I did a hard reset (Clear Storage under Settings --> System tab) and it happens just about every time the phone goes to sleep. It can be 15 minutes and nothing will come through til I press the power button.

Programs:
LED Killer 3.1
UI Tweaker
HTC Home Customizer
PCM Keyboard .11b -- with reg tweak
PCM Contacts .15
Pocket RAR 3.71
HTC Audio Manager 1.02.919713
Spb ELF Calc skin
Vicsoft ClearTemp
Arcsoft MMS
Live Search
Sprint TV
OnDemand

REG Tweaks:
in call tones disabled
SMS Sent disabled
Old 11-16-2007, 05:12 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

emarketingdept is a n00b
Seems to be alot of people who have this issue have the HTC Home Customizer so that could be the issue...... This morning I hard resetted my phone (for the person who asked its pressing the talk and end button at the same time while pressing the reset with the stylus) For my wife and I it only seemed to happen went the phone got below 30% battery so I was thinking it had to do with the low battery notifaction and thus being a WM6 issue like my mogul.

Let's keep this post alive and come up with a resolution!
Old 11-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

bobblah is a n00b
I've noticed it whenever I have a notification present on the phone, specifically voice mail and text, or just vm with no text also. If I have a waiting message, and just dismiss it, the phone won't wake up for future events, calls, emails, or new text
Old 11-16-2007, 06:13 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

emarketingdept is a n00b
It's official.... Touches suck (or definately need an update)...... I have a 100% stock Touch (as of this morning) and once the battery got below 30% it stopped ringing or notifying of any Text/Voicemail unless I manually pressed the power button...... It must be the ROM or WM6.......
Old 11-16-2007, 06:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Ok, can you try this. I have not had any issues and I don't know what fixed it. But it may also be luck.

Shut off Cube (registry), Shutoff HTC Home and Sprint Home, Shut off Large Start Menu (In Settings), Shutoff HTC Quick Menu (Settings Task Manager). And shut off TocuhFlo Scrolling (I think that was in Registry).

It's probably only one of these but I had lockups with an almost stock Touch and shut these off and for week it's been really solid. I suspected it was Quick Menu but perhaps it wasn't.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:37 PM
VIP Member

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
And Kudos to Sprint Teir 2 reading this thread, that's awesome !!
Old 11-16-2007, 06:47 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Could someone please try this? It worked for me with my Mogul. I'm not around my charger, otherwise I'd try it.

1) Press the power button to wake up the device.
2) Plug device into power adapter.
3) Wait until the device recognizes it's plugged in.
4) Press the power button to put the device to sleep.
5) Wait for alarm or phone call/txt message

I had been doing this with my Mogul and it's worked fine. I haven't noticed anything wrong with the Touch yet, but I've been having issues with Sprint the past couple of days.

Let us know if this works.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 11-16-2007, 06:54 PM
VIP Member

What are folks using for SD Cards and are any applications trying to access it for data that are running while a sleep. Email etc.

When my mogul failed if I forced it to sleep with power button the problem would never happen if I set an alarm to go off within a few minutes. It always had to fail over night. Like it had to transition to Full Battery or something had to happen on sprint network overnight for it to fail in the morning.

I don't think the issue described here is the same as the mogul. For one folks are complaining of not getting calls and messages during the day while not on the charger.

Last edited by mswlogo; 11-16-2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

emarketingdept is a n00b
More news!!!.....

After calling sprint tech support talking to them.... Being escalated to high level support being told there are no known issues and that I should take it to a repair center, repair center saying my phone is fine but I could exchange it since I was under my 30 days. I called HTC.......... Are you ready for this!!!

HTC told me that all of their phones are set to stop waking to ring once the battery is less than 30% in an effort to conserve power! I did also tell him that once this issue starts if I soft reset the phone it will start to ring again....... He said it could be a bug in the rom and sent it up to the software techs..... Can anyone else confirm with their 100% stock phone that after the battery reaches 30% it stops waking to ring?

I did a hard reset this morning and sure enough once the battery got lower it stopped ringing.... I think it's insane they would make a phone that would stop ringing when there is 30% left of battery.... 10% maybe....... but 30%!?!?!

Again this is not an issue with the phone "locking" up but not ringing when the battery is less than 30%
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue