PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2007, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

thadeus_d3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekoe1111 View Post
I held the left D-Pad button the entire time the phone was soft-resetting. Tried this three times and the splash screen still shows...

BB
Are you using the registered version? Don't know if that makes a difference, but my copy (2.6) was registered and the Left dpad thing worked for me.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch diamond

slash007 is a n00b
I mapped the left and right dpad buttons but they do lag like mentioned earlier. It annoyed me the point that I just changed it back. Is there any way around the lag?
Old 12-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ragtim is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedklown View Post
Is there anyway to link a button to the landscape icon located on the today screen? I want to tie in my camera button to landscape mode but when i use the default "rotate screen clockwise" i have to keep rotating the screen 90 degrees till i get it back to regular mode. The onscreen landscape key rotates back and forth.
Though evertec is right about using the virtual button to handle the screen rotation, the easiest way to do this is by selecting the OPTIONS at the bottom right of the screen, select screen orientations, and then select the valid screen rotations for the device. In the case of the touch, if you want to use the same views that you get with the launcher in the HTC launcer, just select 0 Degrees and 270 degrees.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HtC touch

pnyce777 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to pnyce777
i to have fallen for aebutton
Old 12-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

al3azim is keeping up the good workal3azim is keeping up the good work
Is there a free version of AEBPLUS 2.6 or is it the 1.01? I searched the site but could only find the 1.01. Is that the only freeware version? I am asking bcz I read on one of the posts here that there is a 2.6 freeware as well
Old 12-17-2007, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

mikeinstlouis is a n00b
This may be a dumb question, but I have my phone theme changed to the iphone theme by torx. Will AE button plus screw up my theme or work with it? The reason I ask is because of the pictures shown at thier website with different screens. Thanks in advance.

Mike
Old 01-06-2008, 08:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

caifalex is a n00b
Is there a way to map, say a long center key press, to call a certain contact... I used to have a cheap samsung flip phone with t-mobile and had the speed dial set up (much like the quick dial thing with the touch) so that I would just press the number 5 on the keypad and it would dial her, however, it's kind of hard to do the same with the touch and access the quickdial 'on the run', say when I'm running, or driving (hehe). I know I can program it to bring up the phone pad, but I'd like to program it to dial her. Also, how would one go about doing the same thing but bring up a text message already addressed to a particular person. And while we are on the subject, I am using thisguyinoc's config tool and I want to know how I can program an opera shorcut to bring up a specific webpage... I know it's something like opera.exe -something (or something like that) which I assume would be similar to programming a button.

Thanks for your help
Old 01-06-2008, 06:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Bell.ca CDMA)
Carrier: Bell

acarnut is a n00b
Rotate this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evertec View Post
Yes, you create the virtual button in AE so you can assign a function to it using the standard WM6 buttons app. This allows you to more easily assign a program to that button... instead of browsing to the executable you just select it out of the list in the standard wm6 button app. Also, this allowed me to assign rotate screen to a double click of the camera button. AE has a rotate screen setting but it rotates 90 degrees each press instead of rotating from portrait to landscape or vice versa for each button press. Bottom line, if you can do it in AE, don't worry about making a virtual button, but if you run into something that AE can't assign, make a virtual button and let wm6 assign it.
I wanted the ability to discretely rotate the screen left or right (I prefer to the right to put the d-pad on the left) so I use SPB Plus, which creates a bunch of system function shortcuts, including rotate, rotate left, and rotate right. I mapped the double-press of the camera button to rotate right, and the triple-press to rotate left.

This is nice for browsers (like operamini4) where I prefer to read text in portait for finger flick room and landscape for viewing pictures. It also looks automatic, like you are just holding the phone by the edges.

If there's a cleaner way to do it, let me know. There is a bit of system lag, so you have to wait 5 sec between rotate commands, but I don't this is because of AEB.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
tried to map the scroll wheel to the volume and doesnt work right. its button 083 and the problem is scroll up and down are both the same button. i tried to add the scroll button pushed (086) or the ok button just below the scroll wheel to volume up and then you can scroll up/down the volume...

Old 09-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

desiindc is a n00b
Re: Map your Touch hardware buttons (up to 4 functions per button) - AE Button Plus

Is there some way to start the touchflo menu with a button press? I am unable to locate the program that pulls up the touchflo menu.
Thanks!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue