acarnut
N00b

acarnut is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rotate this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evertec View Post
Yes, you create the virtual button in AE so you can assign a function to it using the standard WM6 buttons app. This allows you to more easily assign a program to that button... instead of browsing to the executable you just select it out of the list in the standard wm6 button app. Also, this allowed me to assign rotate screen to a double click of the camera button. AE has a rotate screen setting but it rotates 90 degrees each press instead of rotating from portrait to landscape or vice versa for each button press. Bottom line, if you can do it in AE, don't worry about making a virtual button, but if you run into something that AE can't assign, make a virtual button and let wm6 assign it.
I wanted the ability to discretely rotate the screen left or right (I prefer to the right to put the d-pad on the left) so I use SPB Plus, which creates a bunch of system function shortcuts, including rotate, rotate left, and rotate right. I mapped the double-press of the camera button to rotate right, and the triple-press to rotate left.

This is nice for browsers (like operamini4) where I prefer to read text in portait for finger flick room and landscape for viewing pictures. It also looks automatic, like you are just holding the phone by the edges.

If there's a cleaner way to do it, let me know. There is a bit of system lag, so you have to wait 5 sec between rotate commands, but I don't this is because of AEB.