PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 07:31 PM
N00b

breakuser is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yes ... there rumors that Tilt will come to Sprint sometime in 2008. I don't know how credible that rumor is thou.... might be a pack of cow dung.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:39 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakuser View Post
Yes ... there rumors that Tilt will come to Sprint sometime in 2008. I don't know how credible that rumor is thou.... might be a pack of cow dung.
I got a couple of questions:

1. Does the AT&T Tilt have the camera on the front and the back?
2. Does the Touch have a flash for the camera?

I wonder if there is a way for us to press the issue with Sprint to get the Tilt to replace the Mogul? The thing is Sprint canceled a bunch of customers contracts because of constint complaining. But when you have an issue like this where Sprint is pretty much at fault...you would fiqure they would od whatever to keep customer from leaving. Especially when you think of the fact that Sprint just lost alot of customers over last couple of months.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6950 -Diamond-

storino03 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to storino03
The Tilt on AT&T does NOT have the front facing video camera.

The Sprint Touch does NOT have a flash--only self-portrait mirror.

--James
Old 11-07-2007, 10:17 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Quote:
Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
The Tilt on AT&T does NOT have the front facing video camera.

The Sprint Touch does NOT have a flash--only self-portrait mirror.

--James
Thanks for the reply. I thougt the AT&T Tilt had the front facing camera for that new video calling progrm they are suppose to be doing now.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Threadstarter

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I thougt the AT&T Tilt had the front facing camera for that new video calling progrm they are suppose to be doing now.
That would be cooool !
Old 11-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Lurker

h20wakebum is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmhusa View Post
If you are torn between the Mogul and the HTC Touch try this fix.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download the Sampson Rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=341977)
and Touch Commander ($15 retail at http://www.touch-commander.com/)

I am getting 22 Megs free and with Touch Commander running 16-17 Megs free. No out of memory issues and the memory stays stable all day. Unless HTC worked a miracle with WM6 or downgraded the Touch to WM5 you will have memory issues with the HTC Touch.

Also able to run memory intensive apps like Picsel (PPCGeeks version ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....browserSC1.cab )
What are you talking about? I do not experience any memory issues with my Touch compared to my Mogul.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Threadstarter

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I got my Touch today - and I am awestruck by the grace, quietness and the power of this little genie.

I will try to click some pictures after Diwali tomorrow and p them
Old 11-08-2007, 11:52 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20wakebum View Post
What are you talking about? I do not experience any memory issues with my Touch compared to my Mogul.

They're probably talking about the HTC Touch, not the HTC Vogue = Sprint Touch. The HTC Touch has the same memory as the HTC Titan = Sprint Mogul. Confusing naming, huh? :=)

Last edited by willysp; 11-08-2007 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:52 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
The Touch does NOT have the same "memory" as the Mogul.

It has TWICE the RAM and its DDR to boot, versus SDRAM on the Mogul. ROM is the only thing that's the same.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:57 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
The Touch does NOT have the same "memory" as the Mogul.

It has TWICE the RAM and its DDR to boot, versus SDRAM on the Mogul. ROM is the only thing that's the same.
No, he's talking about the original GSM HTC Touch, which came with half the processing power of the Mogul, and the same amount of RAM.

When Sprint took it to their CDMA network, they put the Mogul CPU in it and gave it 128MB of DDR.

There are two versions of the Touch. The crappy GSM one, and the upgraded CDMA one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue