PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 03:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch CDMA + GPS
Carrier: Bell

Torob is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
USB connector Broken

It started out as my left channel for headphones not working.. and escalated to being totally messed up.
I played with the pins and the plastic holder which kept them in place broke off, and now they are all in the air.

The headphones (right channel) still works when plugged in) however my actual power adapter doesn't work. Though i do have a usb to mini usb cable that if i plug in, and put some pressure pushing the end down, it'll start charging.
That is the only way i have it working, other than that it'll run out of battery.

So my question is, anyway to get this fixed? Will HTC do anything? My carrier is bell, will they do anything? I believe its got no warranty..
Can i open it up and put a new connector on?
Thanks

Last edited by Torob; 02-16-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: USB connector Messed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torob View Post
It started out as my left channel for headphones not working.. and escalated to being totally messed up.
I played with the pins and the plastic holder which kept them in place broke off, and now they are all in the air.

The headphones (right channel) still works when plugged in) however my actual power adapter doesn't work. Though i do have a usb to mini usb cable that if i plug in, and put some pressure pushing the end down, it'll start charging.
That is the only way i have it working, other than that it'll run out of battery.

So my question is, anyway to get this fixed? Will HTC do anything? My carrier is bell, will they do anything? I believe its got no warranty..
Can i open it up and put a new connector on?
Thanks
Well I have a couple suggestions
1st Insure it and get it replaced as soon as you can

2nd See if you can pinch the USB plug alittle.

One of the Titans I sold on eBay last month had that happen when the buyer got it they messed it up and sent it back for a refund. Luckily I had pictures and video of it before I shipped it. So I pinched the adapter end got it to charge and sent it back to them.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Unless you add the insurance and wait a few days and make a claim I don't think they will replace it.
Yes you can replace it yourself if you get the parts and you can handle it. Most people don't want to mess with it. Your call .
Old 01-15-2010, 03:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

How do i insure it? How much would it cost?
I can insure it at any time?
So it only takes a few days? then i claim what then? they fix? replace?
Old 01-15-2010, 11:26 AM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Try this # they have them 1 972 782 9846 for like 6.00 shipped or this one my work.
If you can't put it in your self and have no one let me no I'll do it for you for free.
Thanks T M Z

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-CHARGER-DATA...item5ad5de76a7

Heres a pic where you can see it on the board.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96953

Last edited by tmz; 01-15-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torob View Post
How do i insure it? How much would it cost?
I can insure it at any time?
So it only takes a few days? then i claim what then? they fix? replace?
You have to contact your carrier and add the insurance/protection to your account. I usually costs about $7 a month. I really don't know how long you would have to wait before you can make a claim . Maybe at least a week? Then most likely they will replace your device with a refurbished unit. You will probably have to pay a $100 deductable to get it replaced.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
Try this # they have them 1 972 782 9846 for like 6.00 shipped or this one my work.
If you can't put it in your self and have no one let me no I'll do it for you for free.
Thanks T M Z

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-CHARGER-DATA...item5ad5de76a7

Heres a pic where you can see it on the board.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96953
Thanks, the ebay one will work? Same model and everything?
Or do i have to call that number and ask for it?
Seems like simple solderin job, so i could probably handle it
Old 01-19-2010, 01:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Fabian357 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Fabian357

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
Thanks T M Z
Hey TMZ i am having the exact same problem with my touch, its going on two years strong and i have no desire to u0pgrade but im having trouble with the USB plug as well. I feel pretty confident trying to fix it myself but i have a question. Does it (the mini usb plug) slide and plug or pop in or does it have to be soldered to the main board? I cant tell from the pic you linked.
Thanks
Old 01-19-2010, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian357 View Post
Hey TMZ i am having the exact same problem with my touch, its going on two years strong and i have no desire to u0pgrade but im having trouble with the USB plug as well. I feel pretty confident trying to fix it myself but i have a question. Does it (the mini usb plug) slide and plug or pop in or does it have to be soldered to the main board? I cant tell from the pic you linked.
Thanks
im pretty sure its a soldering job
Old 01-19-2010, 01:04 AM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian357 View Post
Thanks
It has to be soldered to the board.. Let me no how you do. If you need anything just let me no.. Thanks T M Z
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue