View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 03:48 AM
whitey10tc
Almost a VIP

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: USB connector Messed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torob View Post
It started out as my left channel for headphones not working.. and escalated to being totally messed up.
I played with the pins and the plastic holder which kept them in place broke off, and now they are all in the air.

The headphones (right channel) still works when plugged in) however my actual power adapter doesn't work. Though i do have a usb to mini usb cable that if i plug in, and put some pressure pushing the end down, it'll start charging.
That is the only way i have it working, other than that it'll run out of battery.

So my question is, anyway to get this fixed? Will HTC do anything? My carrier is bell, will they do anything? I believe its got no warranty..
Can i open it up and put a new connector on?
Thanks
Well I have a couple suggestions
1st Insure it and get it replaced as soon as you can

2nd See if you can pinch the USB plug alittle.

One of the Titans I sold on eBay last month had that happen when the buyer got it they messed it up and sent it back for a refund. Luckily I had pictures and video of it before I shipped it. So I pinched the adapter end got it to charge and sent it back to them.