PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: Sprint

20Jaidon05 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help a fellow Vogue user out...

I have a work email and I want to set it up on my vogue. I attempted to set it up as I would a regular email account but I don't receive any emails. The type of email account I want to set up is outlook.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Help a fellow Vogue user out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Jaidon05 View Post
I have a work email and I want to set it up on my vogue. I attempted to set it up as I would a regular email account but I don't receive any emails. The type of email account I want to set up is outlook.
Are you setting it up as internet based?
Are you using pop3, or imap?
Are you using active sync?

I have my gmail set up as Imap and my work comes through the active sync exchange server.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

20Jaidon05 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
Are you setting it up as internet based?
Are you using pop3, or imap?
Are you using active sync?

I have my gmail set up as Imap and my work comes through the active sync exchange server.

I am guessing it has to be either pop3 or imap... I can't receive msgs on none of those. I just started my job about a week ago and they gave me a company email.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I am guessing it has to be either pop3 or imap... I can't receive msgs on none of those. I just started my job about a week ago and they gave me a company email.
You may need to ask your administrator what setting are required and if they allow it.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

20Jaidon05 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
You may need to ask your administrator what setting are required and if they allow it.

Ok thanks... The guy that does the IT stuff there set my coworkers on his BB using IMAP if that helps
Old 12-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I agree with the previous posters in this thread that you should start by talking to your company's IT people and ask how to set this up.
I did a search and found an old thread that another user replied to that has some interesting suggestions in it. Check it out:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...34&postcount=2
Old 01-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to denasqu

Quote:
Ok thanks... The guy that does the IT stuff there set my coworkers on his BB using IMAP if that helps
Buy lunch for your IT guy. We love bribery.

At a minimum you'll need the mail server addresses and your password. But even with that info you won't get far if your company is using non-standard ports, encryption, secure authentication, etc.

Better off just buying the IT guy lunch than trying to get all that info out of him.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue