PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

KertDawg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question VZ Navigator

I'm looking for a cab file for VZ Navigator for the Touch. I've been unable to download it from Verizon Wireless. I had this cab in the past, so I know that it works and it's out there somewhere.

Does anybody have this file?

Thanks.

- Kert
Old 12-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Talking Re: VZ Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KertDawg View Post
I'm looking for a cab file for VZ Navigator for the Touch. I've been unable to download it from Verizon Wireless. I had this cab in the past, so I know that it works and it's out there somewhere.

Does anybody have this file?

Thanks.

- Kert
Here is the one from the Mogul :

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...0&d=1232761208

I have been searching for the one for the Vogue but so far I haven't found it. The one I posted should work because the Mogul is qvga like the Vogue.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

KertDawg is a n00b
Re: VZ Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Here is the one from the Mogul :

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...0&d=1232761208

I have been searching for the one for the Vogue but so far I haven't found it. The one I posted should work because the Mogul is qvga like the Vogue.
Thanks for the reply. I installed and ran it, but it didn't work. "The file 'VZ Navigator' could not be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling of restoring this program."

Any ideas? This is strange, because I've run VZNavigator before on this device.

- Kert
Old 12-12-2009, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

ss0mohit is becoming a great contributor

hmm. vz navigator on the vogue?
not unheard of...
but this is what i did instead of vz navi.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=unlock+gps
standalone gps. and it works.
-boy scout motto.
so please make my day.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:07 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wink Re: VZ Navigator

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I installed and ran it, but it didn't work. "The file 'VZ Navigator' could not be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling of restoring this program."

Any ideas? This is strange, because I've run VZNavigator before on this device.

- Kert
Check this out:

http://support.vzw.com/how_to_use/ge...le_device.html

That will take you to a guide that tells you the steps needed to get VzNavigator. That should do it.
lol Man, I searched everywhere for a cab for the Vogue! I found the Mogul one and the one for the TP but no Vogue. Every reference I found to it on this site was people complaining about it! Saying that they would never use it because as you should know, you have to pay Verizon a fee to use it. I guess it is similar to Sprint's Telenav app. Well, I hope that helped you! lol I searched for quite a while! Anyway, Good Luck To You!
Old 12-12-2009, 08:59 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

KertDawg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
That will take you to a guide that tells you the steps needed to get VzNavigator. That should do it.
lol Man, I searched everywhere for a cab for the Vogue! I found the Mogul one and the one for the TP but no Vogue. Every reference I found to it on this site was people complaining about it! Saying that they would never use it because as you should know, you have to pay Verizon a fee to use it. I guess it is similar to Sprint's Telenav app. Well, I hope that helped you! lol I searched for quite a while! Anyway, Good Luck To You!
Thanks for the link! That page is the root of the problem. The pages that it links to don't show the right links. It says that there should be a "VZ Navigator" link, but it's not there. My best guess is that my User Agent isn't right. I've even tried to find the right User Agent for IE, but this hasn't worked.

If anyone could follow that link above on an VX6900 and share the cab file, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks again.

- Kert
Old 12-13-2009, 03:05 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Thumbs up Re: VZ Navigator

Quote:
Thanks for the link! That page is the root of the problem. The pages that it links to don't show the right links. It says that there should be a "VZ Navigator" link, but it's not there. My best guess is that my User Agent isn't right. I've even tried to find the right User Agent for IE, but this hasn't worked.

If anyone could follow that link above on an VX6900 and share the cab file, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks again.

- Kert
Hey! Look what I found!
Here ya go:
Attached Files
File Type: cab verizon-xv6900-4.1.1.40-PROD-LPS.cab (1.41 MB, 19 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by horndoctor; 12-13-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6900

johnnyz525 is a n00b

does this cab install vz navigator?
Old 12-18-2009, 02:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC xv6900

ss0mohit is becoming a great contributor

just put it on your sd card or sync it via activesync. then go to file explorer, then download it. it should be placed in the start menu somewhere.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6900

johnnyz525 is a n00b

And you can add the service to your account?

I was trying to download it from verizon but could not get it on the phone just like you said in your earlier post.

I use VZ navigator on my wife's phone and it is really not a bad application, so if I can add it to my service plan and have function on a replacement 6.1 updated vx6900 then I will be happy.

I bricked my old phone trying to do all these ROM and Radio updates, but from experience navigator is a very nice driving application which is what I wanted all along.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Tags
touch, vz navigator