PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

jigaeman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: -=02-16-09=- ALL CARRIERS - Simple & Stable M2D v9

I agree that there are some workarounds, specially for the music issue. It's just funny because I had a music ringtone and it would also start playing music when I end a call so I used to think someone is calling me but then realize that it's just the player.

I don't have a specific step for the bluetooth issue. I think it's noticable. Basically go Start -> Programs -> Comm. Manager. Turn on the Bluetooth. Go back to the Home and you will notice that there are no icons mentioning that Bluetooth is ON. In other words, if the Bluetooth is ON, nobody will know and it will drain your battery pretty fast. I guess to resolve this, the best approach is to display the icon when Bluetooth is ON like any other phone. Just my opinion.

Again, these are just minor bugs. I have used more than 10 ROMs so far and none of them can compare to this one in response time and stability. I may even go far enough to say that the Sprint default ROM on Touch Diamond is slower than this one so you have done an excellent job. Bravo !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnr0616 View Post
Thank you for a respectful reply. I will add these issues to the bug list.

I have noticed the music player myself, but a work around for that is to remove the music tab from the M2D dashboard. It's weird, but it works.

I don't use exchange and really have no idea how to help you on that one.

I have used speaker phone and have not had that issue, but I may not have done it in the same order. I will try to replicate your problem, and if I can try another dialer to see what the deal is.

I haven't notice the dealy in Tones but again will try and replicate your issue and see if another dialer fixes it.

I have not noticed the bluetooth issue. I tried to replicate that already and cannot seem to do so. Can you reply with the steps to replicate?
Old 02-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: AT&T

RamonTomzer is just getting started

i as well get the dialer lock problem... it actually happens alot to me as i use speaker phone alot where i work. however the rest of the rom is great and that is the only issue i have been having with this rom. great work and let us know about any fixes to that as i really want to keep this rom!!
Old 02-26-2009, 02:00 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigaeman View Post
I agree that there are some workarounds, specially for the music issue. It's just funny because I had a music ringtone and it would also start playing music when I end a call so I used to think someone is calling me but then realize that it's just the player.

I don't have a specific step for the bluetooth issue. I think it's noticable. Basically go Start -> Programs -> Comm. Manager. Turn on the Bluetooth. Go back to the Home and you will notice that there are no icons mentioning that Bluetooth is ON. In other words, if the Bluetooth is ON, nobody will know and it will drain your battery pretty fast. I guess to resolve this, the best approach is to display the icon when Bluetooth is ON like any other phone. Just my opinion.

Again, these are just minor bugs. I have used more than 10 ROMs so far and none of them can compare to this one in response time and stability. I may even go far enough to say that the Sprint default ROM on Touch Diamond is slower than this one so you have done an excellent job. Bravo !!
here is audio fix,it worked for me....
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=985
many usefull fixes here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37215

Last edited by vin255764; 02-26-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

siemenscordless is a n00b

Thank you CNR0616 for the Cricket rom!

I'd like to know if Cricket mms would work after this rom is installed or Cricket cab has to be used.
Are there any roms like this for the Mogul, Diamond touch...(HTC devices in general) for Cricket?

Thanks everybody for making this forum great!
Siemenscordless
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue

jigaeman is a n00b

I just found out how to re-produce the speakerphone/mute/DTMF issue. Basically, dial a customer service number, turn on the speakerphone, dial DTMF tones, and then try to click any buttons of speakerphone or mute or anything else. It will not work and the phone freezes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Old 02-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

mga61roadster is a n00b

Great ROM.
Very Fast, Low battery consumption, very stable.
Excellent set of features.

Thanks and keep up the GREAT work!
Old 02-28-2009, 04:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro/Vouge

cardriver is keeping up the good workcardriver is keeping up the good work

question

ive been using this rom for a few days. noticed that my net connectino has been switching to phone as modem although i never tether or even connect the phone to a computer. anyone got any clues as to why it may switch?
Old 02-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

jmleedy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgloryofgod23 View Post
Aswome rom, just like the title says, fast and stable!.
One thing though, is there a way to change the clock? I would like to have the clock with the big numbers like diamond oem rom xD.
yeah this is a request i second. so far i love this rom out of all of them i have tried. i would love to have the regular type big number clock.

also this question isn't a rom q, but i would like to try some other keyboards any suggestions?
Old 02-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

nayra is a n00b

HELP, I did the sprint rom and now vision can't start up? NO NET AND NO EMAIL?
Old 03-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

thaggernafle is a n00b

AHHH OHHH!! Ok I flashed the rom and now my touch is stuck on Criket startup screen... plz someone help me!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development