PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

The Weez is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's 3.03.04 WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 7/21/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean373 View Post
You might want to check your button settings under AEBPlus. By default either the left or right D-Pad closes out of some programs. It happened to me all the time when I try to use the D-pad when browsing with Opera Mini. Not sure if this is your problem.
Thanks, that's probably most if not all of it. Knowing this setting now, I will be more careful and see if that fixes the issue.

Great rom, OMJ!
Old 07-26-2008, 08:37 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's 3.03.04 WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 7/21/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_don View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
I've seen Rstoyguy respond to this issue a few times buy I dont recall the fix....try searching all his posts.
I think it was

Start Menu - Settings - Connections - USB to PC

Checked = Windows vista

unchecked = windows XP

Is that the one?
yep, that's the one...
Old 07-26-2008, 10:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul 6800

dlynch03 is a n00b

can someone help me? I've been in Bootlader mode since yesterday because I'm a nooob who doesnt know how to do all this stuff. Currently Im running Windows Vista so I do not have ActivSync I have Mobile Device Manager, is it okay to use this because in everyones instructions ActivSync is mentioned? Also can someone direct me step by step because I have downloaded everything from the PPC Kitchen to WinRAR and I still can not figure this out, Please HELP?
Old 07-26-2008, 10:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul 6800

dlynch03 is a n00b

can someone help me? I've been in Bootlader mode since yesterday because I'm a nooob who doesnt know how to do all this stuff. Currently Im running Windows Vista so I do not have ActivSync I have Mobile Device Manager, is it okay to use this because in everyones instructions ActivSync is mentioned? Also can someone direct me step by step because I have downloaded everything from the PPC Kitchen to WinRAR and I still can not figure this out, Please HELP?
Old 07-26-2008, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

The Weez is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlynch03 View Post
I've never had your problem, dlynch03, so I can't speak from experience. But I noticed when I downloaded the coke unlocker package that there were several utilities included for resolving problems. I seem to recall in his instructions for the unlocker it said to run one of the aforementioned utilities to resolve a "stuck in bootloader" issue. That might be worth checking out.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond, omnia II
Carrier: bell

faroreefer is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlynch03 View Post
You should be OK with MDM. I'd suggest some more reading before you go to much further. Your PC won't see the connection with MDM, but the bootloader screen should say USB near the bottom. Then you can run OMJ's ROM
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OMJ/ROMS/OMJ.3.03.04.Generic.Custom.exe from your PC (ROM Upgade Utility) then follow the instructions

Last edited by faroreefer; 07-26-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:39 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

IOTA keeps failing!!!!! I cant get an internet connection for the life of me, can anyone help??? im using the clean version, with a sprint touch

Last edited by MikeElGiga23; 07-26-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & HTC Diamond

boxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
IOTA keeps failing!!!!! I cant get an internet connection for the life of me, can anyone help??? im using the clean version, with a sprint touch
I keep getting the same thing too. Keeps saying it can't do it.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by natataka View Post
im using the generic/clean rom and i cant connect to the internet. do i have to do something different to get this iota going? i have a sprint phone. thanks. i notice, that i can use the internet, when i have activesync connected...
Same thing happened to me. I upgraded to the Official ROM and was able to connect to the internet and start the IOTA service to set up the Vision service. After using the Generic Clean ROM I could not connect to the internet and the IOTA service would not update no matter what I tried.

I went to my dialpad and used ##786#, then reset everything through the menu, which performs a hard reset and resets all your info. Then after letting it boot up and all I had to flash the Official ROM again to get my service back up and running after doing ##MSL(mine is 208182)# and inputting my MSID and MDN (phone number) where required.

What the Generic Clean ROM is doing is changing our User Name from ie: xxxx@sprintpcs.com to (HEX ESN#)@hcm.sprintpcs.com. The system doesnt recognize this so we cant get online. You can verify this by going to your Settings, System, Device Info, and looking all the way down on the first tab at Current Username. It doesnt work for me when the username starts with my Hex ESN number. Its gotta be one I set up before which for me is hev381@sprintpcs.com, not (Hex ESN#)@hcm.sprintpcs.com.

I really like your Generic Clean ROM but its messing up my phone. I like how there is over 140mb free space from the Device Memory. Is there a way to make a Sprint Clean ROM that doesnt contain any of the programs but runs its own Customization instead of UC so all the Sprint Default Settings get in the phone? Thanks.

By the way, running the PPST.cab, then the PPST.exe do not fix this issue. Not on the Clean ROM or the Official ROM for me.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work

By the way, I am having to use the Stock ROM just to get my internet working, which I hate cuase its bloated with software and only have 112mb free on my Device Memory. I really want a super clean ROM with just the essentials/normal WM6.1 software, even without the CUBE cause I dont use it, but that works with Sprint Service without that IOTA hiccup.

By the way, GREAT JOB OMJ for your dedication to these superb custom ROMS!

UPDATE: I just got it to work, I flashed the Official Stock ROM, Ran the PPST.CAB found here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24979 on the section that says GPS - HOW TO. and all the steps from:

4. Copy PPST_080407_7500_SPCS_2.03.sa.CAB to device and install.
5. Browse to the Windows folder and run PPST.exe. Soft reset when finished. (I DID NOT DO THIS STEP. PLUS, I SOFT RESET AFTER THE REST OF THE STEPS WERE COMPLETED, NOT AT THIS POINT YET!!!!!)
6. Copy Assisted GPS Hack.cab to device and install.
7. Copy Virsir_GPS.dll to Windows Folder.(You will need Resco Explorer in order to see the dll file on the device).

Then I soft reset it, made sure that internet was working.

Then I flashed the Generic Clean ROM and voila! It is working now.

The PPST.CAB I tried before was the one in the Windows directory which must have been different, but the one on the link up top did work.

Last edited by Hugo381; 07-26-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development