PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

OhioState87 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to OhioState87 Send a message via MSN to OhioState87
Re: Carrier Kitchen's & Roms 4 Alltel/Bell/Sprint -=rstoyguy's=- updated 9/07/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I have done nothing to enhance the GPS on any of these. It's all stock. If there are things I need to do to make the GPS work, I will implement them as needed.

But you can report back and let us know if it does work!
I haven't been able to dial *228 and activate my phone after flashing this yet, because I'm in a Roaming area, so I don'nt know if that would effect this or not. Anyway, I'm using your Alltel ROM, and my internet actually works and everything without activating my phone yet, but GPS doesn't work. GPS viewer can't even find the port with GPS, which, with any other ROM I've used, it finds it on COM4.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:27 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Carrier Kitchen's & Roms 4 Alltel/Bell/Sprint -=rstoyguy's=- updated 9/07/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState87 View Post
I haven't been able to dial *228 and activate my phone after flashing this yet, because I'm in a Roaming area, so I don'nt know if that would effect this or not. Anyway, I'm using your Alltel ROM, and my internet actually works and everything without activating my phone yet, but GPS doesn't work. GPS viewer can't even find the port with GPS, which, with any other ROM I've used, it finds it on COM4.
Alltel has quite a few .cab's that run after initial flash. I'll look into them tonight and see what else I need to add. But I've never done an alltel rom, I was looking to you guys to help me out.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:46 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState87 View Post
did you make sure your location was turned on for gps to work? also in gps viewer you are able to manually select com4 for gps, because the phone internal settings make GPS defualt on com4, so you can make sure location is turned on, and then manually select com4 to see if that works.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:47 PM
MIA

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Alltel has quite a few .cab's that run after initial flash. I'll look into them tonight and see what else I need to add. But I've never done an alltel rom, I was looking to you guys to help me out.
I deal mainly with alltel, so if any alltel related questions come up, i will do my best to help answer them, that was rstoyguy is not totally confused. I will do my best tho.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:57 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
I deal mainly with alltel, so if any alltel related questions come up, i will do my best to help answer them, that was rstoyguy is not totally confused. I will do my best tho.
Thanks, I appreciate the help while I familiarize myself with the rom. Just so you know, I took the rom, deleted most things on the today screen, quite a bit of bs out of the provxml files and killed carrier customizations in favor of UC if that helps you help me! Other than that, all these roms are like you flashed a stock rom...
Old 09-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate
Carrier: AT&T

coldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Carrier Kitchen's & Roms 4 Alltel/Bell/Sprint/Telus -=rstoyguy's=- updated 9/0

Rstoyguy,

Thanks for the ROM, will let you know if I find anything.

Please hit "Thanks" if I helped you.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: unTOUCHable
Carrier: vzw

willmatic08 is just getting started
Re: Carrier Kitchen's & Roms 4 Alltel/Bell/Sprint/Telus -=rstoyguy's=- updated 9/0

no luv 4 vzw
Old 09-08-2008, 01:14 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmatic08 View Post
no luv 4 vzw
I've been looking for a stock rom or a phone dump. If you know of a link, if not this next weekend I'll make a "generic" rom and add the Verizon carrier stuff from the ppckitchen... It won't be nearly the same as the other rom's I'm doing that way...

edit: It's not quite the same doing it this way compared to those using ppckitchen. I'll see if I can't whip something up by tomorrow for those I don' t have a stock link to...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 09-08-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:22 PM
MIA

okay this is a little tip for anyone building a ROM using these kitchen, I know this works for Alltel, I am sure it is similar for other kitchen has well.

okay from the OEM folder browse to this folder, OEMVERSION if you then load up mxipupdate_zzPIED_100.provxml in notepad.

the string <parm name="ROMVersion" value="3.04.671.2" datatype="string"/> Can be renamed to whatever you want it to be. Look below for an example.

This will then be your ROM Version in Device information, So to give your ROM a more custom feel to it, if you rename "3.04.671.2" to your name. I Hope this is clear for everyone to follow.

<parm name="ROMVersion" value="Your Name Here" datatype="string"/>

Last edited by conflipper; 09-08-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

OhioState87 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to OhioState87 Send a message via MSN to OhioState87

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
did you make sure your location was turned on for gps to work? also in gps viewer you are able to manually select com4 for gps, because the phone internal settings make GPS defualt on com4, so you can make sure location is turned on, and then manually select com4 to see if that works.
Those were the first things I tried and made sure of. GPS still doesn't work. GPS Viewer acts as if I don't even have a COM with GPS.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development