PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>htc 6800>htc 6900>htc 6850>touch pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint sero

kaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATE-11/03/2008 Dette 2D v2.3 Diamond Edition

im having issues answering phone calls with the slider..it slides all the way but does not answer the phone call..its like the screen freezes but not quite because i can slide the slider back n forth but it still wont answer..help a brother out..plz

nevermind..im going to install dcds carrier rom and see if this helps..if not im going to try the regedit

Last edited by kaeslumz; 11-13-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

thezero4 is just getting started

Well this fixed the connection dropping and made my push E-Mail 100% again. I also noticed before I did this hitting the red key would instantly kill my data no matter what I was in or doing sometimes requiring a hard reset even to fix. This also fixed that completely. I haven't tested the ansering a call yet. If this fixes that then I am extremely happy with this ROM. Dette you made one awesome ROM I've been so impressed with everything else on it that I haven't even really cared about answering the call as much I'll put up with that cause this is that good. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3Jorge View Post
Hi guys I think I found the fix to the phone delay in answering issue

Please try the following reg edit:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings]
"SuspendResume"=multi_sz: "#777"

(this would show "~GPRS!" by default delete that and replace it with "#777" as above)

Please let me know if that works for most and I will update the kitchen accordingly

REV A and GPS and WM6.1 along with sMMS, wow I have everything sprint is releasing in their update already installed. Weird,
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: T-Mobile

sarumont is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezero4 View Post
Well this fixed the connection dropping and made my push E-Mail 100% again. I also noticed before I did this hitting the red key would instantly kill my data no matter what I was in or doing sometimes requiring a hard reset even to fix. This also fixed that completely. I haven't tested the ansering a call yet. If this fixes that then I am extremely happy with this ROM. Dette you made one awesome ROM I've been so impressed with everything else on it that I haven't even really cared about answering the call as much I'll put up with that cause this is that good. Thanks.
Yeah - the red hard button is the devil. It owns the data connection. I can switch to ActiveSync and hit "Sync" to restore it, though. Also, I think it can be re-enabled via CommManager.

But I'm pretty sure the #777 registry hack fixed my data connection as long as I don't hit the little red button.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ok, I just tried this rom and I love it!

I got it for the USB Flash Drive feature, and I kept it for it's stability, speed, and sooo much more...

Again, thanks Dette! You're the best!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint
Threadstarter

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeslumz View Post
im having issues answering phone calls with the slider..it slides all the way but does not answer the phone call..its like the screen freezes but not quite because i can slide the slider back n forth but it still wont answer..help a brother out..plz

nevermind..im going to install dcds carrier rom and see if this helps..if not im going to try the regedit
Try the reg edit and install your DCD cab.. I still am not having problems answering.. god its so weird! its just because its GSM..
I am trying different things though dont worry
Quote:
Haha I am glad you like it! AND I am glad that it fixed the data dropping! It fixed mine to but I noticed my battery dies A LOT faster.. and since I dont use push email other then Sprint Mobile Email app.. Anyways I will include this in the next release

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarumont View Post
Yeah - the red hard button is the devil. It owns the data connection. I can switch to ActiveSync and hit "Sync" to restore it, though. Also, I think it can be re-enabled via CommManager.

But I'm pretty sure the #777 registry hack fixed my data connection as long as I don't hit the little red button.
Good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
Ok, I just tried this rom and I love it!

I got it for the USB Flash Drive feature, and I kept it for it's stability, speed, and sooo much more...

Again, thanks Dette! You're the best!
Thanks! I am glad you like my ROM

EDIT: Is anyone else having an issue where there data isnt going idle? I can tell because my battery dropped from like 20% to 5% in about 30 minutes

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!

Last edited by dette; 11-14-2008 at 02:41 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G (MoPho)

slmclarengt is just getting started

I loved the look of this but had some/many issues perhaps because I've been a bit on the frustrated side lately not interested in any learning curve :-\.

I had no access to my Sprint Data; not sure why but didn't do all too much to remedy it. I would love Push Gmail if that's possible to automatically notify me on the phone. I really need phone calls/text messages to come through because I've been having gobs of issues lately with calls/messages not coming through at all or coming way later (respectively). It doesn't seem very intuitive in the Diamond interface to not be able to slide a finger across the screen to switch to the next one; apparently one must actually click the next button directly.

I just want all the functionality and more reliability that clearly my phone has not been giving. I just got a "new" phone free from Sprint (refurb ) because my other one was getting on my nerves too. I need to figure this stuff out because I really 1) need phone calls to ALWAYS come through and 2) I'm getting sick of the slow/junky WM6.1 Stock interface but I want to make sure it's worth my time to install the ROM again without worrying about more problems forcing me to reset AGAIN.

Slmclarengt
Old 11-14-2008, 05:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint
Threadstarter

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
I loved the look of this but had some/many issues perhaps because I've been a bit on the frustrated side lately not interested in any learning curve :-\.

I had no access to my Sprint Data; not sure why but didn't do all too much to remedy it. I would love Push Gmail if that's possible to automatically notify me on the phone. I really need phone calls/text messages to come through because I've been having gobs of issues lately with calls/messages not coming through at all or coming way later (respectively). It doesn't seem very intuitive in the Diamond interface to not be able to slide a finger across the screen to switch to the next one; apparently one must actually click the next button directly.

I just want all the functionality and more reliability that clearly my phone has not been giving. I just got a "new" phone free from Sprint (refurb ) because my other one was getting on my nerves too. I need to figure this stuff out because I really 1) need phone calls to ALWAYS come through and 2) I'm getting sick of the slow/junky WM6.1 Stock interface but I want to make sure it's worth my time to install the ROM again without worrying about more problems forcing me to reset AGAIN.

Slmclarengt
Well man I know how you feel!.. I really do.. But heres some answers...
If you didnt get Sprint data you didnt install your DCD carrier cab.. Simple as that.. That is how you get your data settings.
Download the software called Sprint Mobile Email to get your Gmail pushed to your phone (thats what I use... Works wonders).
I have never missed a text on this ROM.
Phone calls yes people have reported that.. Hopefully I can get that fixed!
And no you dont have to click each button.. Just hold down on the button of the tab that you are currently viewing and you can scroll threw all the tabs quick and easy
... Trust me I got tired of the WM 6.1 really really ****ed up interface too! Its really annoying .. So thats why I build ROM's to try and make it better I am happy with my phone for the most part. Just takes some tweaking and having fun with it to make it do what you really want it to do.

Hopefully I answered stuff for you good
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:15 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

In general alot of people don't realize the amount of time it takes to make these ROM's not to mention completely run a thread with the best logical answers and fixes for the bugs and other issues PLAGUING the vogue. Your work is unparalleled on in this forum right now and there is very few people putting in the time and effort for us to all improve our devices. All I want to say is keep up the good work, oh and by the way i know what the green button is...lol anyways THANKS...
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch by HTC

m3Jorge is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to m3Jorge Send a message via MSN to m3Jorge
Lightbulb Re: UPDATE-11/03/2008 Dette 2D v2.3 Diamond Edition

Quote:
Kewl for those still experincing small delays could be performance also there is another DLL you may be missing I am attaching here just drop it in your Windows forlder and sorft reset
Attached Files
File Type: zip InitProv.zip (27.6 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero...Fresh
Carrier: sprint

bee976 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to bee976

Can anyone get hotmail to setup w/ this ROM?

I love the ROM by the way. Ive used it for 2 days without a soft reset. Gotta be some kind of record.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development