PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dtuma1980 is keeping up the good workdtuma1980 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dtuma1980 Send a message via MSN to dtuma1980
Re: UPDATE-11/03/2008 Dette 2D v2.3 Diamond Edition

Love the rom - any dice on the possibility of installing the old Camera back in? I seems to cause issues with qik and Octro Video - not sure what would be required to change the camera back so it works, or edit the existing camera so that it works with these 2 applications.

Otherwise everything else is great!!

Hope to hear back!
Old 11-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint
Threadstarter

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeFred View Post
Thanks Dette, I love your rom w/ dcd verizon cab.
I have two questions:
is GPS working on this rom? and where do I find the Location on/off setting?
GPS is working.. You cannot change location.. This is something with Vetvito's kitchen that I havent taken the time to look into.. Probably an easy fix but I havent looked at it yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticchrys View Post
Dette, thank you for all the great work. =D> Most especially for pointing the way to helpful files with links for the carrier cabs, fixes, apps, etc. I'm a Vogue newbie using your ROM on US Cellular with the DCD carrier cab. Awesome work. So far, web, e-mail, youtube, phone answering, all work for me. Will try more later.
Great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1garcia View Post
mispook8,

I had the same problem with igo8. It seems that the manila touchflo just takes up to much memory to let igo startup. I went into the today screen setting and disabled 'touchflo' then igo runs flawlessly. I hope there is a way to have both running at the same time. Anybody have any luck?
I dont use iGo8 so I wouldnt really be much help
Quote:
Originally Posted by violentz313 View Post
Are there any versions of the old htc home that work with this rom?
Any version you want.. Just disable TouchFlo and enable HTC Home after install
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtuma1980 View Post
Love the rom - any dice on the possibility of installing the old Camera back in? I seems to cause issues with qik and Octro Video - not sure what would be required to change the camera back so it works, or edit the existing camera so that it works with these 2 applications.

Otherwise everything else is great!!

Hope to hear back!
The latest camera version doesnt work.. I am using an older one

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
Old 11-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: v710,xv6800,vogue
Carrier: Verizon

JudgeFred is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dette View Post
GPS is working.. You cannot change location.. This is something with Vetvito's kitchen that I havent taken the time to look into.. Probably an easy fix but I havent looked at it yet
Dette,

I couldn't get iGuidance to get the signal or GPSToggle, seem to me the default Location is OFF. I switched to another rom (OMJ.3.09.Manilla.v3) then change the Location to ON and iGuidance work fine. However, I like your rom more than OMJ rom.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Dette,

I couldn't get iGuidance to get the signal or GPSToggle, seem to me the default Location is OFF. I switched to another rom (OMJ.3.09.Manilla.v3) then change the Location to ON and iGuidance work fine. However, I like your rom more than OMJ rom.
It works fine for me.. Did you install your carrier cab?
Old 11-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon touch

kostecki is a n00b

im new to this, so dont be to harsh. why is it when i try to open the download, it wont open it?
Old 11-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostecki View Post
im new to this, so dont be to harsh. why is it when i try to open the download, it wont open it?
No worries .. I wont be harsh lol nothing wrong with not knowing.. Dont worry about it man..

Ok so your saying you cant download it? or you cant open the file? if you cant open the file just download WinRAR from here http://www.rarlab.com/

If you can already open the zip file and arent sure what to do to get it onto the phone? Just extract the RUU folder and run the file called ROMUpdateUtility.exe and have your phone plugged into active sync.
If you have anymore questions let me know
Old 11-12-2008, 01:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: v710,xv6800,vogue
Carrier: Verizon

JudgeFred is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dette View Post
It works fine for me.. Did you install your carrier cab?
yes i did installed. dcd_Verizon_Carrier_20081031.cab

I got it working now, I have to update my radio from 3.42.30 to 3.42.50.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
yes i did installed. dcd_Verizon_Carrier_20081031.cab

I got it working now, I have to update my radio from 3.42.30 to 3.42.50.
weird i have 3.42.30
Old 11-12-2008, 02:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G (MoPho)
Carrier: Sprint

slmclarengt is just getting started

Today was my first attempt at Custom ROMing it up. It worked and I loved the design of this ROM though in all honesty, I have tried a whole ZERO (0) other ROMs . I wanted to test it on my current Sprint Touch though I have a new one (due to loads of problems) downstairs waiting to be played with. I hope to get everything working beautifully (data/email/customizations/GPS/etc...) soon. I may even do further testing on my current one that I am sending Sprint just to make sure things work the way I want before making it 'permanent.'

I like the idea of Custom ROMs unlike new OSes like Android because the new OSes do not support things like native E-mail as well and many other things. It's also easy to know it's still Windows Mobile so it's still 'hackable' .

Thanks Dette - I look forward to testing this more extensively than just staring at the screen for ~30 seconds admiring it's beauty before re-flashing to Sprint ROM =D>

Slmclarengt
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
Today was my first attempt at Custom ROMing it up. It worked and I loved the design of this ROM though in all honesty, I have tried a whole ZERO (0) other ROMs . I wanted to test it on my current Sprint Touch though I have a new one (due to loads of problems) downstairs waiting to be played with. I hope to get everything working beautifully (data/email/customizations/GPS/etc...) soon. I may even do further testing on my current one that I am sending Sprint just to make sure things work the way I want before making it 'permanent.'

I like the idea of Custom ROMs unlike new OSes like Android because the new OSes do not support things like native E-mail as well and many other things. It's also easy to know it's still Windows Mobile so it's still 'hackable' .

Thanks Dette - I look forward to testing this more extensively than just staring at the screen for ~30 seconds admiring it's beauty before re-flashing to Sprint ROM =D>

Slmclarengt
Hahahaha sounds like you got a plan
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development