PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 05:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint
Threadstarter

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to dette
Re: UPDATED 1-08-2009 Dette Diamond Edition v2.4 Beta 1 RELEASED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover View Post
Probably why when people have some of these problems with your ROM's I'm thinking "why don't have this problem"...anyway keep up the good work even though its a "beta"...You know!!!
Haha thanks
Yeah I mean I dont have any problems mentioned.. Then again I just turned my Touch back on lol.. Using my shiny new Touch Pro at the moment.. But I should look into bluetooth and ICS otherwise its not doing to bad.. Then again I cant really test ICS =\

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
Old 01-16-2009, 05:50 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah had TP didn't really like it got the Diamond, still playing with that now... Are you gonna start building for TP?
Old 01-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: US Cellular

celticchrys is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dette View Post
Good! Things better afterwards?
They were better, but the problems with Audio Manager, and the People being unresponsive remain. It is still overall slower than 2.3 as well. I did set the "X" to actually close programs, and I've been checking task manager, so I know it's not due to leaving lots of programs open... right?

But hey, that's what "Beta" means.

Perhaps I'll hard reset a second time... what could it hurt?

Last edited by celticchrys; 01-16-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Lurker

celticchrys is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by choogle View Post
thanks for the tip i found something that I will try:

HKLM/Comm/ConnMgr/Planner/Settings:

SuspendResume = #777
I decided I would try this, as I am unable to browse anything, and I found that it was already set this way.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Lurker

celticchrys is a n00b
Post Re: UPDATED 1-08-2009 Dette Diamond Edition v2.4 Beta 1 RELEASED!

Dette,
Here is a complete step-by-step rundown of some of the basic functions, as I tested them:

Ok, I did another hard reset, and I let Tier autoinstall everything.
I noticed that on DCD's Carrier Cabs page, (http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?dir=carriers%2F) most cabs have a last modified date of Jan. 5, 2009. To make sure I have the most recent, I re-downloaded the USCC cab, installed, and did a soft reset. For all of the following, I've installed nothing else. No other programs, no backed up contacts. Nothing.

Task Manager says "48%"

Music tab/audio manager: Once again, it only sees two of the songs, and freezes when I tap Library. It says "Audio Manage" on the title bar, and shows an X in the top gith corner, but the rest of the screen still shows the audio tab, and the Audio Manager never becomes visible. It will also not play the 1-2 songs it does see. When I tap the play button, nothing happens. All of the songs on my SD card worked fine in 2.3.

Receiving a call
: I'm calling my Vogue from a landline for this test. When I receive a call and use the S2A interface to answer, it works fine, although there is a delay of about 2 seconds between when S2A appears on screen and when the ringtone starts. The Vogue also does not show an incoming call or ring until the 4th or 5th ring for the caller. I haven't been able to recreate the weird crash I had answering with the hardware button yesterday morning, so maybe that was a fluke. Something very weird, however, is that if the Phone app/keypad is not onscreen, the phone _never_ rings and S2A never appears. I tried this nearly a dozen times, and it is the same every time: keypad onscreen, phone rings; keypad not onscreen, no ring, nothing.

Making a call: From the Home tab, when I tap "Phone" it takes anywhere from 1 second sometimes, to 4 or 5 seconds others to load the keypad. This is with no other programs running. The keypad is sluggish, and if I dial at normal speed, the phone lags behind me, taking a couple of seconds to finish dialing the number after I'm done pressing them. Making calls seems to work just fine, however, and the Speakerphone actually seems to be a bit more reliable than in 2.3; others tell me I'm a bit more clear.

People Tab: I tapped "add" on the first box. Created a new contact. Selected it. It went back to the "People" tab, but did NOT put the contact in the first box. I tapped "add" on the first box again, and the contact I had created was not there. I tried every section of the alphabet. The contact was not saved. I tapped "add" on the first box again, and nothing happened. It seemed unresponsive. However, it turns out that it wasn't completely unresponsive, it just took about 10 seconds before anything happened. However, I was still unable to get it to save a contact that I could find again. I tried going to the "Contacts" app via the Start Menu. Same result; no contact saved.

Text Mesages:
Entering the text was _very_ _very_ slow, freezing for a few seconds several times during entry. The message sent just fine, however, and I received a reply with zero trouble.

E-mail: I was able to set up my gmail account just fine, but when it tried to send/receive, I got this error: "Cannot connect with current connection settings. To change your connection settings, tap Settings." I checked, and HKLM/Comm/ConnMgr/Planner/Settings: SuspendResume = #777 was already set.

Internet: When I try to use Opera, Youtube, or the RSS program, I get this error message: Dialed: Cannot connect for an unknown reason. To check your connection settings and change them if needed, tap Settings..." etc.

Photos and Videos: Photos work perfectly! Videos record and play back in Core player.

Weather: I haven't yet added my city to the weather list, but the pre-loaded cities, it says "updating" and then never gets the info. I imagine that's due to the overall data connection problem.

Maps: Ditto on the data connection.

I hope this helps track down issues in this beta. Thanks for all of the hard work, Dette!
Old 01-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint
Threadstarter

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover View Post
Yeah had TP didn't really like it got the Diamond, still playing with that now... Are you gonna start building for TP?
I might yeah.. Not sure yet.. I am happy with the Touch Pro but I might be switching carriers so we will see
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticchrys View Post
They were better, but the problems with Audio Manager, and the People being unresponsive remain. It is still overall slower than 2.3 as well. I did set the "X" to actually close programs, and I've been checking task manager, so I know it's not due to leaving lots of programs open... right?

But hey, that's what "Beta" means.

Perhaps I'll hard reset a second time... what could it hurt?
Haha it cant hurt anything and yes thats what beta means.. I kept 2.3 up there so you can download it and re install that if need be... But yes it is in beta so its not like everything is going to run perfect right now
Quote:
I decided I would try this, as I am unable to browse anything, and I found that it was already set this way.
Yes I set it that way
Quote:
Dette,
Here is a complete step-by-step rundown of some of the basic functions, as I tested them:

Ok, I did another hard reset, and I let Tier autoinstall everything.
I noticed that on DCD's Carrier Cabs page, (http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?dir=carriers%2F) most cabs have a last modified date of Jan. 5, 2009. To make sure I have the most recent, I re-downloaded the USCC cab, installed, and did a soft reset. For all of the following, I've installed nothing else. No other programs, no backed up contacts. Nothing.

Task Manager says "48%"

Music tab/audio manager: Once again, it only sees two of the songs, and freezes when I tap Library. It says "Audio Manage" on the title bar, and shows an X in the top gith corner, but the rest of the screen still shows the audio tab, and the Audio Manager never becomes visible. It will also not play the 1-2 songs it does see. When I tap the play button, nothing happens. All of the songs on my SD card worked fine in 2.3.

Receiving a call
: I'm calling my Vogue from a landline for this test. When I receive a call and use the S2A interface to answer, it works fine, although there is a delay of about 2 seconds between when S2A appears on screen and when the ringtone starts. The Vogue also does not show an incoming call or ring until the 4th or 5th ring for the caller. I haven't been able to recreate the weird crash I had answering with the hardware button yesterday morning, so maybe that was a fluke. Something very weird, however, is that if the Phone app/keypad is not onscreen, the phone _never_ rings and S2A never appears. I tried this nearly a dozen times, and it is the same every time: keypad onscreen, phone rings; keypad not onscreen, no ring, nothing.

Making a call: From the Home tab, when I tap "Phone" it takes anywhere from 1 second sometimes, to 4 or 5 seconds others to load the keypad. This is with no other programs running. The keypad is sluggish, and if I dial at normal speed, the phone lags behind me, taking a couple of seconds to finish dialing the number after I'm done pressing them. Making calls seems to work just fine, however, and the Speakerphone actually seems to be a bit more reliable than in 2.3; others tell me I'm a bit more clear.

People Tab: I tapped "add" on the first box. Created a new contact. Selected it. It went back to the "People" tab, but did NOT put the contact in the first box. I tapped "add" on the first box again, and the contact I had created was not there. I tried every section of the alphabet. The contact was not saved. I tapped "add" on the first box again, and nothing happened. It seemed unresponsive. However, it turns out that it wasn't completely unresponsive, it just took about 10 seconds before anything happened. However, I was still unable to get it to save a contact that I could find again. I tried going to the "Contacts" app via the Start Menu. Same result; no contact saved.

Text Mesages:
Entering the text was _very_ _very_ slow, freezing for a few seconds several times during entry. The message sent just fine, however, and I received a reply with zero trouble.

E-mail: I was able to set up my gmail account just fine, but when it tried to send/receive, I got this error: "Cannot connect with current connection settings. To change your connection settings, tap Settings." I checked, and HKLM/Comm/ConnMgr/Planner/Settings: SuspendResume = #777 was already set.

Internet: When I try to use Opera, Youtube, or the RSS program, I get this error message: Dialed: Cannot connect for an unknown reason. To check your connection settings and change them if needed, tap Settings..." etc.

Photos and Videos: Photos work perfectly! Videos record and play back in Core player.

Weather: I haven't yet added my city to the weather list, but the pre-loaded cities, it says "updating" and then never gets the info. I imagine that's due to the overall data connection problem.

Maps: Ditto on the data connection.

I hope this helps track down issues in this beta. Thanks for all of the hard work, Dette!
Sweetness reading now!

EDIT: Alright thats extremely helpful thank you! I wish everyone did that!... Ok.. I had a lot of problems building 2.4 beta so hmmm... Btw your RAM is so high because the PagePool is set to 24.. You can change it and reflash for more free RAM if you want to.

The data.. I dont know! My was working perfectly! I cant really test it out at the moment lol my Touch doesnt have service. I havent seen anyone else with a data connection problem. You reset after the carrier cab correct?
The dialer is just not a good combo since it was originally a GSM dialer.. It just doesnt work very well =\ which is depressing because the dialer is AWESOME! I like how it hides the options so you dont accidentally hit them.. My TP doesnt even do that.

Thanks!

Last edited by dette; 01-16-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO!!

tf2d is just getting started

nothing on the internet sharing yet? When I connect a usb the option comes up to connect for internet sharing. I can choose that option and then the actual "connect" button is greyed out.

Other than that great rom..I really don't want to go back to 2.3 but i need to get on the net at home..sucks only being able to at work
Old 01-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch / Telus

Shazzzza is a n00b

Great rom! Everything is working for me except for Bluetooth. Waiting for the next beta! Meantime going to use your clean rom due to the law's here in regards to driving while on the phone.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel w/Sprint phone

njkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just got done installing and things seem to be running just fine Great job Dette!!
Old 01-17-2009, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO!!

tf2d is just getting started
INTERNET SHARING FIX..Dette Diamond Edition v2.4 Beta 1 RELEASED!

Dette, see if you can include this in your next version.
LOOK HERE TO FIX YOUR INTERNET SHARING..

I have tried this on several phones, searched for days and it has fixed the internet sharing problem....

I take no credit..just passing it along

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post
My "fix" was to do the following... I haven't had any problems with it so far...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\InternetShari ng]

Delete The Following Key: "LastCellConnection"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings]

Delete The Following Key: "ForceCellConnection"

This will return the drop down box back to the WM6.1 ICS Program. I then pick Sprint PCS and it works from there.

I never changed my extension or anything else, but that might be needed by some *shrugs*.

THANKS FRAZELL

Last edited by tf2d; 01-17-2009 at 05:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development