PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue - Bell
Carrier: Bell

mclearn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue 20270 GPS kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1mm0 View Post
Serious issue... Just built a ROM from the latest updates to the kitchen and now my phone doesn't ring or vibrate on a new incoming call. This is rather serious for me to say the least. Any suggestions?

Cheers, Tim

This happened to me on one build of 20270 as well. I don't know what I deselected to fix it, but try the HTC predictive phone number dialing thing. That might have been it.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:56 PM
myn
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Supersonic
Carrier: Sprint

myn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmyn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmyn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmyn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmyn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There appears to be an inherent bug that still hasn't been fixed in this recent Kitchen. As reported in the 19588 kitchen: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=171

Without installing kgphat25's PPST cab (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=154) GPS seizes to function after approx 20 hours or so. With my recent upgrade from 19558 using kgphat25's cab to the new 20270 (without the kgphat25's cab) I was expecting to see this fixed. I again am having the same problem. And to confirm I do not experience this problem when running the official release ROM.

Can you confirm the sprint carrier files are accurate?

This may explain why many folks are still experiencing GPS fix problems with custom ROM's as they are using buggy carrier files.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by myn View Post
There appears to be an inherent bug that still hasn't been fixed in this recent Kitchen. As reported in the 19588 kitchen: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=171

Without installing kgphat25's PPST cab (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=154) GPS seizes to function after approx 20 hours or so. With my recent upgrade from 19558 using kgphat25's cab to the new 20270 (without the kgphat25's cab) I was expecting to see this fixed. I again am having the same problem. And to confirm I do not experience this problem when running the official release ROM.

Can you confirm the sprint carrier files are accurate?

This may explain why many folks are still experiencing GPS fix problems with custom ROM's as they are using buggy carrier files.
You run your gps for 20 hours? As I have told you multiple times, you only need to do the PPST once. So, it really doesnt matter what is in the carrier files. Everyone should have already done the ppst when they flashed their stock carrier gps roms (obviously verizon excluded).

Now, can you confirm that the sprint carrier files are inaccurate?

If the carrier files are buggy, step up and help fix them instead of just complaining all the time. However, I can confirm that gps works on all devices for all carriers using the included carrier OEMs. Perhaps come back with something that is concrete and reproducable so that it can be tested.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 08-12-2008, 01:10 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

I have no idea what, if any difference it might make, but in the case of the PPST.exe file, the one deployed with the PPCKitchen sprint carrier files dated (07/31/2008 01:07:48 AM) is not the same version as is delivered with the latest Sprint ROM for the Touch/Vogue ... and it appears that the version from the Sprint ROM is somewhat more recent / higher in version than the one being deployed with the PPCKitchen Sprint carrier selection.

Code:
      PPCKitchen: BuildOS\Kitchens\Carriers_Vogue\Carriers_Sprint
      PPCKitchen: PPST.exe
       PPST Date: 07/12/2008
       PPST Date: 4.20.0.0

RUU Version: 3.03.651.4_2
 NBH Information: 2.nbh 104,642 07/17/2008
   PPST CAB Info: PPST_080516_7500_SPCS_2.04.sa.CAB
   PPST EXE Info: PPST.exe (0000PPST.005)
       PPST Date: 07/17/2008
    PPST Version: 4.20.0.99
But I think that an important point to stress is that running PPST _once_ when the Sprint ROM was installed (customizations) is all that should be necessary.

FWIW

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 08-12-2008, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO4G

mawst95 is keeping up the good workmawst95 is keeping up the good work

I tried removing Sprint TV as the OEM and installing it after as a cab (the 1005 version) and it still didn't work. I don't even really use it much but I thought I'd mention it. Should I upload my selections or not bother. Thanks!

Matt
Old 08-12-2008, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

superman.namrepus is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman.namrepus View Post
I am having problems with dciNoBar.exe not working on this build and the last one. It worked great on the 19588 build. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be great. Thanks for the great work.
I have searched through this thread to see if this was addressed and I did not see anything. Could one of you pros check this when you get a chance and let me know know if it fixable? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Any chance the Samsung driver is coming to the touch? I am assuming it does more than the other ATI drivers.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Keyone is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandroland View Post
Any chance the Samsung driver is coming to the touch? I am assuming it does more than the other ATI drivers.
Link for more info?

Aside, I had some trouble after installing the latest build, but after a hard reset, most problems were resolved (referring to one of my last post in this thread). As of now, my Touch has been running 143 hours straight without restart and everything including <10sec GPS works great!
Old 08-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandroland View Post
It didn't help on the touch in our testing, so we excluded it from touch kitchens.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
It didn't help on the touch in our testing, so we excluded it from touch kitchens.
Good to know. Now I don't feel left out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development