PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6900 with omj's 3.03 generic
Carrier: verizon

electrician1234 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Re: OMJ's 3.03, 3.09, M2D WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 10/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrician1234 View Post
great now gps viewer is finding gps but still no locks one question do you need a cell signal to use gps, i have verizon
never mind i got it working i left it outside for about like an hour and it found gps's, after that the next day its been getting locks within 30sec its awsome thanks so much with your help omj
Old 01-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900

Jemradary is a n00b
Re: OMJ's 3.03, 3.09, M2D WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 10/9

Quote:
well i am also a verizon user and i flashed the Sprint 3.03.04 based rom on on page 1, i your stuck at a boot bell screen then hold down soft-reset camera and power to go to splash screen and update to the leaked verizon6.1 rom then go to whatever custom rom you want. but so far i love omjs 3.03 its great evdo-rev a and gps works great try it out, ive used many custom roms and i think omjs are sweet.
I tried that but, I want the latest Radio verson. The leaked Verizon one takes it back to 3.37.XX

I went through it all again and I get the bell screen again. ANy ideas? Will this affect anything? Just made me think I was using bell software instead of Verizon.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:52 AM
Lurker

Re: OMJ's 3.03, 3.09, M2D WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 10/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemradary View Post
I tried that but, I want the latest Radio verson. The leaked Verizon one takes it back to 3.37.XX

I went through it all again and I get the bell screen again. ANy ideas? Will this affect anything? Just made me think I was using bell software instead of Verizon.
what unlocker did you use the 2.31spl?
Old 01-04-2009, 12:56 AM
Lurker

Jemradary is a n00b

Quote:
what unlocker did you use the 2.31spl?
Yes I used that one. I believe it is something to do with the bell rom to get the radio. Does it matter how far it runs before I reset after the install of radio or can I do it as soon as I see the start up screen that shows radio version ok.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:58 AM
Lurker

Quote:

well my phone is verizon and it boots to sprint so dont worry about it although to get the mms to work you might have to install arcsoft mms but aside from that you should be alright, plus if it rilly bothers you, you can change the boot images for the rom with some programs.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Yes I used that one. I believe it is something to do with the bell rom to get the radio. Does it matter how far it runs before I reset after the install of radio or can I do it as soon as I see the start up screen that shows radio version ok.

well you have to soft reset when it says carier customizations, but it shouldent matter when you restart as long as those cutomizations dont take place or you will brick your phone.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:16 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
great now gps viewer is finding gps but still no locks one question do you need a cell signal to use gps, i have verizon
good question, not sure if you would need a cell signal, but to use a map program like google, it requires a data connection. if gps viewer is showing satellites but you dont lock in a program, then yes, you need data.

try searching the forum, i know there have been posts specifically about getting gps to work on vzw.

Also, if I were you I would flash the leaked Verizon rom 1st, found here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43741

check if gps is working, if so, then flash my custom....but this time flash the 3.09, not the 3.03.

Quote:
thanks for your time i know that you have the diamond so the touch for you is old school, but by the way how do you like it, what do you think about the diamond, and how do you like the htc touch pro?
I luv the diamond, kicks the crap out of the touch......I don't have a touch pro, but I didn't get it for the same reason I didn't get a Mogul....I dont need a keyboard, and I like my phones slim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewden123 View Post
The camera doesn't seem to be working. I hit my camera button and about 3/4 of the camera screen shows up and i can't click anything in the camera like settings, etc.
either hard reset, or reflash....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weez View Post
OK, I know it's been asked: How do I add the 1% battery feature to the clean ROM?
1% should already be in the clean roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCHruby View Post
OMJ,

First of all, thanks very much for all the work you do to help us N00bs.

I just installed the ROM specifically for Sprint's touch--I installed the one you posted on 26 Jun 08 at 1:22 pm. It appears to have gone through successfully because there are obvious changes in my phone--1% battery for example.

If I understand correctly, there are other improvements as well but I can't seem to find them. I can't find how to unlock the GPS, and my "HTC Home" on the Today screen has gone. I can still put a check mark on the "HTC Home" but it just leaves a blank area on my today screen where the "HTC Home" should be.

Like I said, I know there's more but I can't find it in my phone. Any suggestions would be much apprecited.

Thanks again,

KCHruby
depends on which rom you flashed, I have several roms for the touch, an explanation of each on posts 1 & 2.

Quote:
never mind i got it working i left it outside for about like an hour and it found gps's, after that the next day its been getting locks within 30sec its awsome thanks so much with your help omj
cool!

Quote:

when u flashed the Bell rom it overwrites your bootsplashs. I cant remember if i included replacement bootsplashs in the rom u flashed, some I did, some I didn't.

you can flash the stock bootsplashs, but it will hard reset you. Let me find it & I'll post it.

another thing you could do is flash the leaked verizon rom, to get new bootsplashs, then flash the 3.42 radio alone, then my custom......I'll post some links in a bit.

Here's a nice Verizon animated bootsplash:

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OM...ZW_Startup.gif

3.42.50 radio only:

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OM...io.3.42.50.rar

Stock Bootsplashs:

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OM...bootsplash.rar

Last edited by OMJ; 01-04-2009 at 12:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Lurker

Question Re: OMJ's 3.03, 3.09, M2D WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 10/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post

check if gps is working, if so, then flash my custom....but this time flash the 3.09, not the 3.03.

what are the diffrences betwen the 3.09, and the 3.03? they both have the evdo-re a right
Old 01-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Lurker

Jemradary is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
good question, not sure if you would need a cell signal, but to use a map program like google, it requires a data connection. if gps viewer is showing satellites but you dont lock in a program, then yes, you need data.

try searching the forum, i know there have been posts specifically about getting gps to work on vzw.

when u flashed the Bell rom it overwrites your bootsplashs. I cant remember if i included replacement bootsplashs in the rom u flashed, some I did, some I didn't.

you can flash the stock bootsplashs, but it will hard reset you. Let me find it & I'll post it.

another thing you could do is flash the leaked verizon rom, to get new bootsplashs, then flash the 3.42 radio alone, then my custom......I'll post some links in a bit.

Here's a nice Verizon animated bootsplash:

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OM...ZW_Startup.gif

3.42.50 radio only:

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OM...io.3.42.50.rar

Stock Bootsplashs:

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OM...bootsplash.rar
When I click on those links it asks for a username and password. AM I missing something?
Old 01-05-2009, 02:33 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
what are the diffrences betwen the 3.09, and the 3.03? they both have the evdo-re a right
3.03 is Sprint based, 3.09 is Bell based....3.09 seemed more stable & quicker...yes, both have Rev A

Quote:
When I click on those links it asks for a username and password. AM I missing something?
try again, site admin was making FTP changes:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51787
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development