PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

diplomat2387 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to diplomat2387
Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

I'm too scared to do it..I just tried it and when the updater was loading on my comp and it was on the screen where it says 0% and my phone had blue,red,green screen and then something popped up on my computer saying it couldn't connect..I'll have Sprint do it when its available..
Old 06-25-2008, 09:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Try this.

Install this cab: Assisted GPS Hack.

Copy this DLL to the Windows folder using Resco Explorer or ActiveSync Explorer if you have Windows XP: Virser_GPS

Once you do this, wait a minute and then soft-reset.

Try your GPS again.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:28 PM
VIP Member

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplomat2387 View Post
I'm too scared to do it..I just tried it and when the updater was loading on my comp and it was on the screen where it says 0% and my phone had blue,red,green screen and then something popped up on my computer saying it couldn't connect..I'll have Sprint do it when its available..
Do you have Windows Vista? If so, right click on the exe file and click "Run As Administrator."

Make sure you have an ActiveSync/WMDC connection and then run the exe.

If you are still getting a connection error then put your phone in bootloader(that scary multi-color screen) by holding the power and camera button and insert your stylus into the reset hole. Connect your phone to the computer. It should say USB on your device's screen.

Now run the exe file(as admin if using Vista) and you should be fine.

Trust me. You have nothing to worry about. It's an Official ROM so unless your house gets hit by lightning and your computer crashes you're gonna be fine.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

anybody know which is the best gps app software to use with the touch? tomtom7, igo8, Destinator, Garmin, or Route 66????????????????? im looking for something that gives me voice guidance. i tried Igo it looks like a really nice app to use but it didnt work...google navigator is really buggy it closed on me everytime i had a lock...my touch was acting up earlier with the internet but it went away. it looks like it needs some time.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:32 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by savior02 View Post
anybody know which is the best gps app software to use with the touch? tomtom7, igo8, Destinator, Garmin, or Route 66????????????????? im looking for something that gives me voice guidance. i tried Igo it looks like a really nice app to use but it didnt work...google navigator is really buggy it closed on me everytime i had a lock...my touch was acting up earlier with the internet but it went away. it looks like it needs some time.
Try TomTom 6 with AstroGPSLauncher(primer).

I get locks in seconds every time. It has voice guidance and it has a nice GUI.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

crummiest rom ever.
only good thing about this rom is the super fast gps locks, updated radio, prl, pri, etc

keeps flipping back and forth between 1x, and evdo
chock full of apps im never going to use
calc STILL isnt skinned, wth is wrong with these people.
crummy opera 8.6
non fullscreen java
sprint animation looks rediculous
touchflo enabled, still cant disable it, takes up precious cpu cycles and resources
all kinds of garbage in the startup folder
SLOW as MOLASSES. Right after a fresh flash it was horrendous! Rebooted, HORRENDOUS.

dunno what rom you all flashed, but this crap SUCKS.
now i just wait for the kitchen to be updated.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

tantrum829 is keeping up the good worktantrum829 is keeping up the good work

Anybody got the srs wow hd to work on this rom.
I installed it and it muted my phone had to hard reset
again. It also displays an error that its missing
the drivers.

thanks
Old 06-25-2008, 09:47 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
crummiest rom ever.
only good thing about this rom is the super fast gps locks, updated radio, prl, pri, etc

keeps flipping back and forth between 1x, and evdo
chock full of apps im never going to use
calc STILL isnt skinned, wth is wrong with these people.
crummy opera 8.6
non fullscreen java
sprint animation looks rediculous
touchflo enabled, still cant disable it, takes up precious cpu cycles and resources
all kinds of garbage in the startup folder
SLOW as MOLASSES. Right after a fresh flash it was horrendous! Rebooted, HORRENDOUS.

dunno what rom you all flashed, but this crap SUCKS.
1 - Read post 321
2 - Delete the shortcuts from Windows/Start Menu/Programs you will never know they're there.
3 - Google SPB ELF calculator Skin
4 - Download Opera 9.5 Build 1126 Qvga WM5/WM6
5 - Can't help ya with Java
6 - Using a registry editor change dword: HKLM\Software\HTC\StartupAnimation\Enabled from 1 to 0
7 - Change dword: HKLM\Software\OEM\TFLOSettings\EnableCube from 1 to 0
8 - Delete that "garbage" from the startup folder
9 - Give it a minute. It takes time for any PC/PPC to boot up 100%. Its actually quite quick compared to past releases...

If that doesn't help you then I don't think anything can... For the record, nobody appreciates the ranting. If you don't like it then get rid of it.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: axim, PPC-6700, Mogul, Touch, touch pro

j10376 is becoming a great contributor

phone keeps going into power save mode and shutting radio down. Is anyone else experiancing this issue
Old 06-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

thank you.

so i guess were not entitled to our own opinion just in case others might be interested?
i feel sorry for the people that buy these phones with 6.1 preinstalled that DONT tweak like us. Its not going to be very pleasant.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development