PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilskippy View Post
Ok I downloaded both the mirror 1 & 2 files and when I run the program it starts normal but then once it hits 10 % on the mogul it says that this is not for this device am I doing something wrong? I know I am running the last official HTC rom. any help[ would be great \
This is for the Vogue/Touch, not the Mogul. Check the Mogul forum for their ROM.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

fatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I tried the flash video bundle im not getting the option to play the video anymore when i click it its just treating it like a link ...... ugh maybe im doing something wrong ...
Old 06-25-2008, 04:05 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

i cant get this rom update to work, when it starts my active sync connection drops and it says it cannot complete the upgrade. whats going on here ? am i doing something wrong ?
Old 06-25-2008, 04:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

the 1st leak was a test rom, this one is a official, so it doesnt really matter when they release, we already got it!![/quote]

I than wonder why Sprint/HTC is taking so long to post this longly awaited and greatly anticipated ROM update for download on their sites.

Old 06-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

scuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
I think they changed/added something with the PPST file in this ROM. The version is now 2.04 instead of 2.03, so that's probably related to GPS and the radio.

EDIT: You don't need to manually run the PPST file with this ROM, it updates the PRI automatically during the customizations like it should have in the leaked ROM.
What if we have a different carrier? How can we get the PRI to update since we can't let the customizations to run?
Old 06-25-2008, 04:09 PM
kbl
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell

kbl is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuccia View Post
What if we have a different carrier? How can we get the PRI to update since we can't let the customizations to run?
You could run PPST.exe manually from the Windows directory... but that blew me outta the water.... so don't do that.

I was able to restore to a previous PRI thankfully...

Old 06-25-2008, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Keyone is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
stylez3, how'd it go with the ppst cab?

check pm too
I downloaded it and ran it fine on my cooked ROM. Not sure what difference it will make though... lol...
Old 06-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

elvergun is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggrey View Post
I'm new to WM and upgrading ROMs... my Touch has the stock ROM. I run Sprite Backup every night. After upgrading the ROM should I restore from Sprite Backup or would it be better to install everything fresh?

Also with backed up text messages... will the phone thread them? Or should I start over with those as well?

Thanks in advance for helping a noob!
I'm in the same boat as jaggrey.

Can someone please answer this question???

Help two noobs out, will ya...

Thanks
Old 06-25-2008, 04:12 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
i cant get this rom update to work, when it starts my active sync connection drops and it says it cannot complete the upgrade. whats going on here ? am i doing something wrong ?

ive tried this 3 times, all it does it shut my phone off and active sync connection and i get a 260 error message ? what am i doing wrong here ?
Old 06-25-2008, 04:14 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I couldn't get it to work. Ended up having to get my phone back to the alltel firmware. I couldn't get it past the boot screen. I read up on taking care of the issue - put the alltel nbh file on a fat32 sd card. Booted in flash mode - it put the alltel firmware on the phone so I can use it again. However the firmware update still won't run - goes into rainbow screen - says updating but no progress.

with this leaked rom, There are 2 nbh files - 1.nbh and 2.nbh can I update the firmrware on the phone using this same method? Do I first run the 1 nbh in firmware update mode off a SD card - reset and then run the second?

Thanks

PS I just noticed it says in the readme it will update it to 3.5.0 but when I run the update utility it says image version 0.0.0 - do I need to rename the nbh file or something. My nbh files in the update I downloaded are called 1.nbh and 2.nbh.

Last edited by boe; 06-25-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development