PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Official Telus HTC Touch Update Released (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28552)

Rural Guy 06-06-2008 10:12 AM

Re: Official Telus HTC Touch Update Released

I was talking to HTC just a couple of minutes ago. Apparently there's an issue with the web site itself and it keeps defaulting to the Bell downloads. The guy I spoke to said that it is now being looked into but confirmed that the update for Telus is there and ready. He said it should be up by Monday most likely.

RG

Touch_Pete 06-06-2008 01:46 PM

I contacted both Telus and HTC Canada and neither one new anything about it and I was told to send an e-mail pointing out the problem to the webmaster as the site is managed by an external company. As it happens I went to the site and looked around and there is not even a Telus directory only Alltel, Bell Mobility and Qwest. There is no ROM on the site for Telus. The Telus tech I spoke to thought there was an upgrade in the pipe but had no information on the delivery date. So I guess we take heart from the fact that the page is there and it is Telus specific and wait for them to get the ROM posted and the link updated. :angry7:

Aaron McCarthy 06-06-2008 03:20 PM

I am thuroughly impressed with HTC..... somewhat. I emailed this morning around 2 am I think and I already got an email back. Here's my original email and then their responce.

"I just checked out the software update page for the telus HTC touch and went to download the new rom. The link on the page directs me to the bell mobility rom for their touch so the rom obviously wont work with the telus touch (I did try which is how I found out it was for bell) Is there any way that this can be corrected? I realize that updating a website can take some time so is there anyway you can just email me the rom update directly? ALSO, This is the Rev A and windows 6.1 update, I can see that much however does this activate the gps antenna as well like the Altell rom update that was released for the Touch. Thanks!"

"
Hello ,Aaron McCarthy

Thank you for your inquiry

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I have informed my supervisor of the download link. The issue is being escalated. Please check back to the link to check to see when this has been corrected. Again I am sorry for any inconvenience.

I hope we have answered your question in detail. Feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions.

HTC Technical Support

Aaron McCarthy 06-06-2008 03:21 PM

I reasked if they could just email me the rom and if the rom activated the gps anetnna as well so we'll see. At least we know its there, errr supposed to be there. Although I'm not sure if that just makes it wore. I went from checking the HTC site every few days to literally hours if not more today haha.

Touch_Pete 06-06-2008 04:43 PM

Well it looks like they fixed the problem the Telus ROM update page is gone! :disgust:

While we are waiting anxiously for the release - does anyone know how to dump the existing ROM in case I am not happy with the upgrade I would like to be able to restore my device to its factory state?

Shrink 06-06-2008 05:05 PM

It's back up on HTC's site and there is a link to what appears to be the P4000 rom. :(

I just tried it and it is for the P4000. What morons.

Touch_Pete 06-06-2008 06:13 PM

That was short lived the page is gone again!:protest:

Shrink 06-06-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touch_Pete (Post 307242)
That was short lived the page is gone again!:protest:

... and I suspect that will be all that we see for the rest of the weekend. :(

stevedog1 06-06-2008 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hector Norcisa (Post 306511)
I not working on the sprint toch is give( error 328 invalid command)and this update in connot used on your pda phone check check you update utility

Why would you want to install this on your Sprint Touch? :scratch:

Rabid_Gypsy 06-08-2008 09:13 PM

I was in a telus store in West Edmonton Mall on Friday and one of the service people found a notice that there was an update coming for the Touch in the next 60 days. She says it is going to enable rev a and upgrades to wm 6.1, but no mention of GPS. If you go to a telus store, it is on the vendor site as a notice, not on telus' regular site.