PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 10:05 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Customize your StartMenu for PPCKitchen.org's - BuildOS - Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Thanks for the files! But just one thing, with xml, if a file isn't there, doesn't it kill the whole file?

I'm just thinking about the ppckitchen update in 2009 that may not include some of those files....
Yep you are exactly right. That is why each of the OEMs has required modules. These are the modules that are expected by the provxml that does the moving. Based on my understanding of how BuildOS works, if you select an OEM and a required module is not present, you should get an alert or warning of some type.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 09-13-2008, 10:15 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

I'll stick with my method then. I didn't get a chance to fully examine/test provxml as I stated in another thread, but I did notice that removing some provxml file operation files (like all the ones out of the sys dir), the reboot times seemed quicker. Could be that when windows notices an update, it processes and copies all those files again slowing boot up. I still need to investigate and see what triggers a mxipupdate* to be processed, but other than e-mail setup, and a couple regedits, I'll shy away from it.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:54 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I'll stick with my method then. I didn't get a chance to fully examine/test provxml as I stated in another thread, but I did notice that removing some provxml file operation files (like all the ones out of the sys dir), the reboot times seemed quicker. Could be that when windows notices an update, it processes and copies all those files again slowing boot up. I still need to investigate and see what triggers a mxipupdate* to be processed, but other than e-mail setup, and a couple regedits, I'll shy away from it.
Each method certainly has advantages and drawbacks.

In particular, I didn't like the need to modify the existing PPCGeeks_OEM.rar in order to avoid duplicate entries.
Code:
\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Calculator
\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Calculator
There are really only two methods to avoid this (that I can think of):
a) modify the existing kitchen RAR
b) provxml to remove the existing item in favor of the new one

Now, if you could use initflashes.txt to perform moves and deletes _and_ it wasn't as fragile as file operations in provxml, I'd be all over that.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 09-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6700
Carrier: Sprint

Branen is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Branen

Does anyone know where to find the cook icon ? in the rom ?
Old 03-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Thanks for all the great TUTS they came in extremely handy.

One question I can't seem to track down an answer for.

How can I delete a directory/folder that gets created but is empty? Ive search all the init files and the init.dat nothing there.
So say I open my programs directory there are several folders one named Sys apps How can I delete? I know I can use resco or something but I want to cook the fix in

thanks
Old 03-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69 View Post

How can I delete a directory/folder that gets created but is empty? Ive search all the init files and the init.dat nothing there.
So say I open my programs directory there are several folders one named Sys apps How can I delete? I know I can use resco or something but I want to cook the fix in

thanks
I know how to remove games folder...post#114
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=56207&page=12
Old 03-29-2009, 01:57 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69 View Post

thanks
also check your mxip*.provxml files in the OEM. They can also be created there.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

I am using Calk’s kitchen and he does not have enough folders in the start menu for me. So I am trying to add some additional ones for my use. I managed to get the folders to appear and moved some of my programs to those folders but the icons for the folders do not show up. For example I want to add a folder for Browsers. I went to (EXT File) Skyfire app.dat and changed
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Skyfire.lnk","\Windows\_Skyfire.lnk")
TO
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Browsers"):-File("Skyfire.lnk","\Windows\_Skyfire.lnk")

Then I added the Icon in SYS\23506\Diamond\DPI_192\Common\Base_DPI_192 Start_Icon_browser1.png

Then I went into OEM\23506\Diamond\0409\OEM_Lang_0409 to initiflashfiles.dat and added Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs")irectory("Browsers")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Browsers"):-File("icon.lnk","\Windows\Browser1.lnk")

No Icon appears for folder. Where did I go wrong?
Old 11-17-2009, 12:40 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post
I am using Calk’s kitchen and he does not have enough folders in the start menu for me. So I am trying to add some additional ones for my use. I managed to get the folders to appear and moved some of my programs to those folders but the icons for the folders do not show up. For example I want to add a folder for Browsers. I went to (EXT File) Skyfire app.dat and changed
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Skyfire.lnk","\Windows\_Skyfire.lnk")
TO
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Browsers"):-File("Skyfire.lnk","\Windows\_Skyfire.lnk")

Then I added the Icon in SYS\23506\Diamond\DPI_192\Common\Base_DPI_192 Start_Icon_browser1.png

Then I went into OEM\23506\Diamond\0409\OEM_Lang_0409 to initiflashfiles.dat and added Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs")irectory("Browsers")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Browsers"):-File("icon.lnk","\Windows\Browser1.lnk")

No Icon appears for folder. Where did I go wrong?
I really haven't played with any icons and they show up fine. Some don't I'm sure, and I haven't tried that particular program. But just that should do it...
Old 11-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

I made some changes to my initflashfiles.dat and initflashfiles.txt. When I load the rom the screen calibration does not come up and when I touch the screen nothing works. So I assume the two problems are tied together. I must be missing a file somewhere that I need.

What are the x0052 numbers listed below? Is this something I need in my .dat or .txt? I run both of those files from my EXT if that makes a difference. If I have these files in the EXT should I even have them in the OEM folder at all???

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("\x0052\x0065\x006D\x006F\x0074\x0065\x0020\x 0044\x0065\x0073\x006B\x0074\x006F\x0070\x0020\x00 4D\x006F\x0062\x0069\x006C\x0065\x002E\x006C\x006E \x006B", "\Windows\wpctsc.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("\x0054\x0061\x0073\x006B\x0020\x004D\x0061\x 006E\x0061\x0067\x0065\x0072\x002E\x006C\x006E\x00 6B","\Windows\TaskMgr.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("\x0047\x0065\x0074\x0074\x0069\x006E\x0067\x 0020\x0053\x0074\x0061\x0072\x0074\x0065\x0064\x00 2E\x006C\x006E\x006B","\Windows\WelcomeCenter.lnk" )

Last edited by b4u2; 11-20-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development