PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2008, 07:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint still having GPS problems? Try this!

While the Alltel rom did enable GPS for me, I had a very long wait for a lock, the gps would stop working if the phone went to sleep, and it was generally unreliable (sometimes I'd have to do 3 resets to get it to lock).

After installing the leaked rom, I let the customizations run, and gps started working much better. Over the weekend, I played with different roms I had cooked up, and eventually decided to go back to the stock rom. Upon flashing back, I proceeded to reset before customizations and install my apps just as I always have with most of my devices. I then found that the gps was not working nearly as well as I had remembered.

This is when I ran across a suggestion that made all the difference for me: run the ppst.exe file in the windows folder. Supposedly, it sets some flag in the radio.

After doing a clean leaked rom install without customizations, making the gpsmode=4 registry change, and having run the ppst app, I now get consistent locks with an average wait of about 20 seconds and the device continues to work great without any resets (knock on wood)...

Last edited by mindfrost82; 05-13-2008 at 09:14 PM. Reason: bolded and underlined the important fix
This post has been thanked 42 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development