PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008, 10:26 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom OEM Requests ...Get them here! Updated: 7/23/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawst95 View Post
This is probably the wrong thread for this but maybe someone will help....

In the OEM_Generic package in the kitchens, there's many apps like D3D, outlook enhancements, etc. These don't show up in the Build OS selections list for me. Are they added automatically? How do I get them to show up in the GUI?
Yes, all the files in that package are considered "SYS" files are are included automatically.

In most kitchens there are two main directories. SYS and OEM. The Sys directory are already worked into the Rom and are there. The OEM directory (ppcgeeks_oem.rar) are the "optional" files and will be built into the kitchen if selected. Looks as if they were originally OEM files from the original rom broken down a little more. Backup OEM_generic, and you can delete some of those...but keep your backup handy!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:31 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
I'm getting a s2v and slide2view icon in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ and am using the megapack. I don't think I have the program installing a second time, but who knows. Is it possible there's an extra icon baked in?
Not that I'm aware of. That is where they install by default. Edit the "initflashfiles.txt" and see if there is the following:

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Slide2 Series"):-File("Slide2 View.lnk","\windows\s2v.lnk")

In my MegaOEM's, all the start menu links are pulled to the top of the file. Check the portion of the above command, this is the directory where windows will install it to...
Old 07-24-2008, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: Sprint

mawst95 is keeping up the good workmawst95 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Nope, it's linked on the first page. Inside the archive there are two OEM's, don't know why that's how someone linked 'em.

OEM_MVBklight_v1.4.2..................................MVBklight v1.4.2
So I saw the link but when I clink on the link (FF or IE) I just get an empty directory listing. The other files start a download dialogue and I grab the package. With the MVbklight its like its an empty folder. Maybe its something on my end. i'll try later or just do it as a cab.

One last thing to solidify my noob status, I added the megapacks navagation to the ppcgeeks oem package, but nothing shows up under apps or navagation. The other packages you made me show up fine under apps. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I have in my kitchen folder:

Generic OEM
PPCgeeks OEM
Shareware
Vogue core
Sys 20270
Drivers Vogue
Carriers Vogue

I drag and dropped your megapack into the ppcgeeks oem (and the generic oem when it didn't show up) in winrar, but not showing. I'm really just trying to get the latest google maps into my ROM.

EDIT:

1) Don't put it into OEM generic
2) I figured out my problem.

Last edited by mawst95; 07-24-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:39 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
I'm getting a s2v and slide2view icon in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ and am using the megapack. I don't think I have the program installing a second time, but who knows. Is it possible there's an extra icon baked in?
Ummm...checked the version on the FTP and they install to \programs. Edit the initflashfiles.txt and change the following:

Quote:
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Slide2 Series"):-File("Slide2 View.lnk","\windows\s2v.lnk")
Directory("\windows\start menu\programs\Slide2 Series"):-File("Slide2 Play.lnk","\windows\s2p.lnk")
Directory("\windows\start menu\Programs\Slide2 Series"):-File("iLock2.lnk","\windows\iLock2.lnk")
Directory("\windows\start menu\Programs\Slide2 Series"):-File("s2u2 Settings.lnk","\windows\s2u2 Settings.lnk")
Directory("\windows\start menu\Programs\Slide2 Series"):-File("Slide2 Unlock2.lnk","\windows\s2u2.lnk")
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawst95 View Post
So I saw the link but when I clink on the link (FF or IE) I just get an empty directory listing. The other files start a download dialogue and I grab the package. With the MVbklight its like its an empty folder. Maybe its something on my end. i'll try later or just do it as a cab.

One last thing to solidify my noob status, I added the megapacks navagation to the ppcgeeks oem package, but nothing shows up under apps or navagation. The other packages you made me show up fine under apps. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I have in my kitchen folder:

Generic OEM
PPCgeeks OEM
Shareware
Vogue core
Sys 20270
Drivers Vogue
Carriers Vogue

I drag and dropped your megapack into the ppcgeeks oem (and the generic oem when it didn't show up) in winrar, but not showing. I'm really just trying to get the latest google maps into my ROM.
I think I verified that this morning... I go on vacation saturday, I'll verify all of them then. But the option you are looking for is in the option.xml file. I'll d/l it and check it out now...

edit: It shows up for me in the group="Navigation", and is the last entry in the group...Let me know if you still have problems. I'll update it to show up in apps next week.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 07-24-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:49 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

I am planning a new version of the Megpack_S2 to make identifying the graphics files easier for more customization in the next week....
Old 07-25-2008, 12:20 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Added:

OEM_Batti-2_3.............................................Batti Battery Guage v2.3

sorta like vista-hide battery guage, only with a setup file and easier to customize registry settings for roms.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

tgrunwald is a n00b

Hey buddy, first let me say awesome job on these OEM's and thanks for all the effort.

One thing is, I cannot get your diamond-ish dialer to work. Any ideas?

i COOK IT INTO THE rom BUT STILL HAVE THE DEFAULT DIALER....

Last edited by tgrunwald; 07-25-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:10 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrunwald View Post
Hey buddy, first let me say awesome job on these OEM's and thanks for all the effort.

One thing is, I cannot get your diamond-ish dialer to work. Any ideas?

i COOK IT INTO THE rom BUT STILL HAVE THE DEFAULT DIALER....
Which rom are you using? It works on the kitchen I use. If you use the ppckitchen, let me know which dialer and base and I can modify it for you so it works.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700==>>6800==>>Touc==>>Now I'm a PRO

boxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuff

hi, first thanks for all your hard work

I was just wondering if you could make me a oem file

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=402980

I just need the opera 1.24
Old 07-26-2008, 04:42 AM
Lurker

kareem is a n00b

Is it possible to get the SPB Collection (wallet, backup, etc..?). Also, somebody reported that the newest Opera OEM didn't launch, any ideas? Thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development