PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

calisoldier83 is keeping up the good workcalisoldier83 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Updated GPS Drivers (Possible Fix For Standby Issues)

ok well i decided to update these from the OMJ rom. I followed the advice of everyone on here and overwrote the ROM embedded GPS dlls with RESCO and that worked fine. Then I booted up and the GPS wasn't working. So I installed the kickstart also.

I was able to lock on to 5 satellites in 5min inside my apt by the window. It never worked this fast or even at all in my apt. The way it was searching for satellites was sequenced from the gps viewer. Very Very cool stuff. I'll see if it works in the morning without a soft reset.

UPDATE: I just tried to get a lock again and it look as if the gps is hanging....So it looks like it didn't fix that issue DAMN

Last edited by calisoldier83; 05-07-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It's hit or miss for me sometimes it's fast, other times it doesn't get a lock at all..

I have to wonder if maybe the agps servers (at the ip / port in the registry setting) aren't responding correctly.
-mark
Old 05-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

An observation from today..

I was inside a building, and had a hard time getting a lock.. The thing is, the gps WAS giving me AGPS - but tomtom ignores this..

If I went to gps viewer / google maps / live search, it would show me approximately where I was..

But tomtom kept searching for satellites...

-mark
Old 05-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Alltel

nopick is a n00b

I have ran through this thread and am not seeing anyone else with the problem I am having. I have an Alltel touch with the oem rev a update. I have installed the GPSKickStart_&_GPS_drivers_cab.zip and gps test. When I run gps test it finds the gps on com 4 and displays "gps starting up". It stops there and never starts or locks. Location is turned on and everythig is set to be controlled by windows.

Any ideas?
Old 05-07-2008, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

johnnymac is just getting started

I am using OMJ's V2 ROM the GPSkickstart_gpsenable.Cab, Garmin-XT. I've got it set up using com 4 instead of GPS Intermediate Driver. and I'm having no troubles whatsoever. I run garmin both right after a Reset, standby, or all day long and I never need to prime the GPS with any other program. I even fired it up in the middle of my office building and I got a lock.

I don't know what to tell you guys. I literally installed that .cab on OMJ's ROM, and popped in my Garmin-XT card and voila, it works perfectly. (I did have issues until I chose COM4. -GPS Intermediate Drivers caused it to lock up and not find both the internal GPS device and/or the Sats.)
Old 05-07-2008, 05:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by calisoldier83 View Post
ok well i decided to update these from the OMJ rom. I followed the advice of everyone on here and overwrote the ROM embedded GPS dlls with RESCO and that worked fine. Then I booted up and the GPS wasn't working. So I installed the kickstart also.

I was able to lock on to 5 satellites in 5min inside my apt by the window. It never worked this fast or even at all in my apt. The way it was searching for satellites was sequenced from the gps viewer. Very Very cool stuff. I'll see if it works in the morning without a soft reset.

UPDATE: I just tried to get a lock again and it look as if the gps is hanging....So it looks like it didn't fix that issue DAMN
There is a lot a variables here:

Kickstart vs no Kickstart
Was security lifted in original cooked ROM or not.
Don't assume your hung if you get no lock inside. I'd say if you get no lock for 5 minutes outside then you are surely hung. But outside is usually less than 2 minutes if not moving.
Did all dll's get overwritten.
At one point there were instruction to remove a dll, which you do if it's cooked in.

Either use a stock rom or follow latest info on your cooked one and wait til it's got all these patches properly integrated.

No Gps hangs in 5 days for me.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900 / Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

vilord is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
At one point there were instruction to remove a dll, which you do if it's cooked in.
gpsid.dll seems to have been cooked into my rom. I moved it to a different folder (the date on the file was 02/03/08 ), but now a different file shows up (date 04/25/07). I can't move or delete that file. Is this not the file I was supposed to move/delete? How can I get it to go away?

Last edited by vilord; 05-07-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Can someone with a Titan using the official SPRINT GPS rom upload the following files for me. It seems the Alltel Titan users are having the same problem getting a GPS Lock as well. I would like to do some more testing to improve the GPS feature on our devices.

gpsapi.dll
gpsapiext.dll
gpssecurity.dll
virser_gps.dll
gpsdaemonservice.dll
qccmquery.dll
gpsid.dll
gpsid_qct.dll
Old 05-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilord View Post
gpsid.dll seems to have been cooked into my rom. I moved it to a different folder (the date on the file was 02/03/08 ), but now a different file shows up (date 04/25/07). I can't move or delete that file. Is this not the file I was supposed to move/delete? How can I get it to go away?

Reinstall the cab, or copy over the dll's again from the first post, you deleted the correct dll.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900 / Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

vilord is just getting started

Thats what I figured... I moved the file that I had saved away back and it is back to mostly working, still doesn't work from standby *sometimes* But at least on the times it does work (or if i soft-reset), it is 2-3 minutes from cold start instead of 10 minutes-1 hour.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development