PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 03:53 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's WM6.1 Custom Touch ROM w/ UC, GPS, REV A!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red49er View Post
You installed the leaked rom and got gps working out of the box? Without any additional cabs? I thought they left virGPS or whatever out of the dump? (If you used the kitchen, I think they added it in)
Virser_gps.dll is not really needed for gps to work however it may help out a little
Old 05-09-2008, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

johnnymac is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red49er View Post
You installed the leaked rom and got gps working out of the box? Without any additional cabs? I thought they left virGPS or whatever out of the dump? (If you used the kitchen, I think they added it in)
NO, I did use the GPS Kickstart and the .dll. Then it worked fine.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

i cant wait for him to release his version of it. i have no GPS at all with this oem sprint rom, or REV A for taht matter, just like flashing back to stock....back to V2 for now
Old 05-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Vogue

memay118 is a n00b

I have no problem with the gps on his new oem sprint rom. Unfortunately I can't test rev a because sprint only has 1x here. I am having a problem with a few programs on this rom. Every so often I get an error and the app closes, and that never happened with the v2 rom. But as far as gps, i got a lock within 1 min and it's working better than it did in v2.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by memay118 View Post
I have no problem with the gps on his new oem sprint rom. Unfortunately I can't test rev a because sprint only has 1x here. I am having a problem with a few programs on this rom. Every so often I get an error and the app closes, and that never happened with the v2 rom. But as far as gps, i got a lock within 1 min and it's working better than it did in v2.
how are you getting it to work? what program are you using? google maps says i have no GPS reciever. i install the GPStoday and i cant find it anywhere but in the remove programs list, so i cant even active it on the today screen.

i think i will try the kitchen and make my own rom, never done it before......
Old 05-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Vogue

memay118 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
how are you getting it to work? what program are you using? google maps says i have no GPS reciever. i install the GPStoday and i cant find it anywhere but in the remove programs list, so i cant even active it on the today screen.

i think i will try the kitchen and make my own rom, never done it before......
Google maps tells me it can't access my receiver but knows it's there. I run Mini GPS Viewer so I can see what's happening and then Google Maps works fine. I just have to keep mini gps running in the background while I'm using google maps.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:14 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

fyi----I'm suspending my current roms to check out the new sprint rom....there's no sense in building a rom that's part Kaiser, part Alltel, part Sprint when there's a new sprint that has it all.

I'm sure it wont be long b4 I have some customs out.....

btw....on the oem sprint in this thread, gps is working fine for me.....but I open GPS using GPS viewer 1st, then google & locks within 10 sec.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPHONE
Carrier: at&t

tmorris52 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to tmorris52 Send a message via Yahoo to tmorris52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
fyi----I'm suspending my current roms to check out the new sprint rom....there's no sense in building a rom that's part Kaiser, part Alltel, part Sprint when there's a new sprint that has it all.

I'm sure it wont be long b4 I have some customs out.....

btw....on the oem sprint in this thread, gps is working fine for me.....but I open GPS using GPS viewer 1st, then google & locks within 10 sec.
Old Man Jenkins, what new sprint rom are you referring to? One that you made or from sprint? Well have quite a few questions so let me ask the most important, I know you were working on a V3 sprint rom, is it available? Thank you for your time and help.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 8900
Carrier: Reliance

sanjay0501 is a n00b

Hi,
I hope this is your ROM based on the original leaked sprint ROM. I am still using V8 of ur 6.1 ROM and was waiting for official sprint ROM before flashing. Do u suggest I do it now?? I am using a sprint Vogue on Reliance network in India. Thanks
Old 05-10-2008, 10:02 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Yes, the rom is based on the leaked sprint rom, but it's basically OEM, I'll be adding all my usual apps very soon. See 1st post....I've already updated.

Yes, so far it seems very nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay0501 View Post
Hi,
I hope this is your ROM based on the original leaked sprint ROM. I am still using V8 of ur 6.1 ROM and was waiting for official sprint ROM before flashing. Do u suggest I do it now?? I am using a sprint Vogue on Reliance network in India. Thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development