PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: Titan 3.35.04 radio

quick note, gps does seem better so far after the initial lock
Old 04-29-2008, 05:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900

grooves12 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

JD: Is there any way to load the updated GPS drivers into your original test rom?? It would be nice if we could figure out exactly what the cause of the intermittent GPS problems are. With making SOOOO many changes at once, even if it the new radio/rom/drivers fixes the gps we haven't learned anything making so many changes at once, and it doesn't help others who may wish to use a different rom.

A couple of questions about the process with this new radio/rom. Is this generic like the original test rom?? ie: will it work for someone on Verizon, or does loading the old SPL customize it specifically to sprint?
Old 04-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

loading as we speak...71% done on a bell touch in toronto, will post results as soon as its tested...excited for rev a speeds haha

PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (vogue)
Carrier: Sprint

blisk is just getting started

One question for those that have tried it/JD. I have a lot of dropped calls "signal has faded" issues on the touch. Is this improved? If its not it I'm worried that its a hardware problem with the touch as when i had the titan for a week it didn't have so many dropped.
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket!!
Carrier: AT&T

hotbyz168 is becoming a great contributor

My results arent to good...

I hope its just network traffic...
GPS seems better locks more satellites, and searches for more as well. Mine was trying to connect to 12 before in my apartment where it would only see about 3 or 4 just barely in the same spot. Seems to be working more like my titan's gps did

Last edited by hotbyz168; 04-29-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Thanks JD for all your work can you explain a little more where this Radio ROM is from. Did it come from a Sprint Titan?

Sounds promising, will load it up tonight.

I'm getting 1300 kb/s down 490 kb/s up now with the Alltel ROM (with 3 Bars) and usually can lock GPS COLD in less than 2 minutes AFTER a soft reset.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I think JD will be working on getting the new drivers into his other ROM when he gets a chance.

GPS took about 5 minutes to get the initial lock, now it locks within a minute indoors and gets 4-5 sats. Before I wasn't even getting a lock indoors. I also left the phone in standby for about 10 minutes and tried again and it got locks within a minute again.

I will test RevA at home later tonight.

For now this is the only ROM with the updated drivers (which seem to work a lot better).

I don't know how much I like this ROM yet, but so far if I have better GPS and Rev A, then I can get used to it lol. This ROM is VERY custom and not much like a stock Vogue ROM at all (atleast to me).
Old 04-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor

that's good to know MF - I am flashing the new ROM now so I can sync my contacts and everything before I leave work.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

varunb007 is keeping up the good workvarunb007 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
I think JD will be working on getting the new drivers into his other ROM when he gets a chance.

GPS took about 5 minutes to get the initial lock, now it locks within a minute indoors and gets 4-5 sats. Before I wasn't even getting a lock indoors. I also left the phone in standby for about 10 minutes and tried again and it got locks within a minute again.

I will test RevA at home later tonight.

For now this is the only ROM with the updated drivers (which seem to work a lot better).

I don't know how much I like this ROM yet, but so far if I have better GPS and Rev A, then I can get used to it lol. This ROM is VERY custom and not much like a stock Vogue ROM at all (atleast to me).
Very custom in what sense? Very different from the gpstest rom? I am very used to the standard htc today screen with the big clock and menu so I hope that's intact. Can you elaborate on what is different in the interface?
Old 04-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor

done - testing now.

Nice windows Mobile splash screen. Not as bright as the green one!!! Did you make that?

You should move the "Welcome" down towards the bottom and have it say "Welcome." That would be classy. JMO.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development