PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Carrier: Sprint

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ghettofreeryder v6 roms - Sprint, Telus, Bell

I got lock ups on a few screens - setting up Windows Live. General browsing around.

Actually more than lock ups it could even be extreme sluggishmenss on certain parts, taht is what I noticed a few minutes gack when trying to open Messaging app it didn't come up and I decided to use IE, which won;t even open as I could not get to Start menu, thought it's hozed and was about to reset and things started coming one by one...

So... thv615 definitely has some issues... I might go back to v613a
Old 04-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
I got lock ups on a few screens - setting up Windows Live. General browsing around.

Actually more than lock ups it could even be extreme sluggishmenss on certain parts, taht is what I noticed a few minutes gack when trying to open Messaging app it didn't come up and I decided to use IE, which won;t even open as I could not get to Start menu, thought it's hozed and was about to reset and things started coming one by one...

So... thv615 definitely has some issues... I might go back to v613a
Try a hard reset after the initial flash. I have not had a single issue or lockup with this rom. Also, what other programs are you installing after the flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltuna View Post
Nice rom, I tried your latest one 615, but get a lot of freeze up. Pretty much happens everywhere, during bubble breaker, navigating the phone, and thats not with a lot of apps running.
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
Tried your latest ROM, looks really good... (assuming it had more than 140 chars in the sms - couldn't tell).

BUT I notice that in the THREADED SMS app, I don't have the character count any more. This is a major problem for me as I use the vogue for 3 things: sms messages, calendar, and contacts. In roughly that order.

So, is there a registry edit or something to turn it on? Why was it turned off anyway?

Apart from that i think your ROM is great. But I've had to go back to a dnj rom until this issue is fixed.

Thanks for any efforts you make.
Lol your switching roms because the msg count isnt working? lol. Yeah there prolly is a reg edit for that. There is a reg edit for sms count before split, Telus is 140, so thats where its set, but you can make a SDconfig to alter this after the flash. **THE NETWORK WILL STILL SPLIT THE MESSAGE WHEREVER THEY WANT**
Old 04-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Carrier: Sprint

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've added memaid, birthdays plugin on Today, that's it.

I can try hard resetting as I am work, and didn't get a chance to downgrade.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
I've added memaid, birthdays plugin on Today, that's it.

I can try hard resetting as I am work, and didn't get a chance to downgrade.
Only reason i ask is becaus ei have not had a single issue with this rom. It is without a doubt the best rom i have made
Old 04-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Lurker

littlec is a n00b

new esmertec Java is out. Just thought i'd point that out

Ghettofreeryder: Do you know why my incoming SMS's are timestamped in another timezone (5 or 6 hours ahead), but when I reply to them, my SMS has the correct time?

This is not a rom specific question since i've had this with several custom roms, but NOT with JD's oem rom.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlec View Post
new esmertec Java is out. Just thought i'd point that out

Ghettofreeryder: Do you know why my incoming SMS's are timestamped in another timezone (5 or 6 hours ahead), but when I reply to them, my SMS has the correct time?

This is not a rom specific question since i've had this with several custom roms, but NOT with JD's oem rom.
Thanks for the head up on the JAVA update. What version of rom are you working. I thought it was fixed, but i can look into it.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VOGUE
Carrier: BELL

piggy99 is becoming a great contributor

The few latest version has fixed itself.
But what I have done lately is I do not change the time until after the rom is loaded to the phone. I then just change the time zone and had no issues whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlec View Post
Old 04-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch CDMA
Carrier: Telecom New Zealand

Silk is a n00b

Quote:
Lol your switching roms because the msg count isnt working? lol.
No, the CHARACTER count is not working. Didn't think it was especially funny.. I like to know if I am sending one message or several BEFORE I send them.

With some carriers, you pay by the message. So if I have a single letter, or a full stop or even a space as the sole content of the second message, I can be charged for that.

So the character count is useful. No idea what the point is in removing it in the first place. If indeed it was deliberately removed.

Quote:
Yeah there prolly is a reg edit for that. There is a reg edit for sms count before split, Telus is 140, so thats where its set, but you can make a SDconfig to alter this after the flash.
I thought there might be. Since no one seems to know where it is, I'll try to find it. Most carriers, including mine, split at 160 characters.

Quote:
**THE NETWORK WILL STILL SPLIT THE MESSAGE WHEREVER THEY WANT**
Yes. Mind does at 160 characters. They will also charge you for the next message if they want. Maybe your carrier does not. But others do.

Anyway it's your choice if you want to do anything about that. Offer your fans some options on these matters or even just a few reg patches. Or maybe someone will.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I think I would have liked your ROM, lots seem to.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Lurker

littlec is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofreeryder View Post
Thanks for the head up on the JAVA update. What version of rom are you working. I thought it was fixed, but i can look into it.
updated to 615 today and it's fixed.

Piggy: thanks for the info, i'll give that a try if i run into the same problem. thanks!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I do know where the sms split reg entry is. I will make a sprint, telus and bell versions of my next rom(616). As for the char count, i know it works for the inital message, or if you go new message, but not once its threaded. Ill look into that as well
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development