PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2008, 01:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo123 View Post
I've done a good amount of searching . I'm confused because I ended up with a refurb phone after my lcd died (no water, no trauma to device). It reads 0.36.0000 when the phone is booting. Is that normal or is it supposed to be 0.36 only without the .0000 on a factory Sprint signed rom?

Thanks in advance,

Congo
well, i dont think its supposed to have all of the 0's on the end there. try flashing either the leaked sprint rom, or the original official sprint rom and tell us what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stogchris81 View Post
what do you do once you get the red green and blue screen?
how are you doing? did you get things working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampJT View Post
Alright, I've been reading and reading, can't find the answer, so hopefully someone can give me a detailed answer.

I ran the unlocker, to flash on OMJ Vogue ROM, with the Rev-A and GPS capabilities. During the process when the HTC ROM updater came on, the device wouldn't reconnect (I tried about 5 times, hard reset and starting from scratch). After waiting at the updater for about 10 minutes, I hit next and this time, as mentioned above, it said it was replacing the ROM image, but was blank. Meanwhile my phone is on the bootloader reading SPL-2.00.CoKe, after the updater went through the process, all of a few seconds, it performed the hard reset.

Now I have entered the bootloader to see SPL-2.31.CoKe, even after two hard resets, one being the auto, and one manual. The phone starts as it should, but once I turn it off, it won't power back on. I believe I saw a fix for this, but can't remember.

My biggest questions are, what can I do now? Is this normal, and I should continue to flash from here?
yes, all that is completely normal except for the fact that you are unable to get the device to power on again.

sorry to say it, but im not sure what you might do there.

you could flash the sprint leaked rom, then flash the unlocker again, then flash whichever 3.xx rom you wanted again, then hard-reset and test again to see what happens but..hmm idk im not sure sorry.

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:05 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The unlocker is only compatible with the new roms so once it is installed you must upgrade to a 3.xx, that is why the power off won't come back.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Lurker

kurupte is a n00b

I've tried to install the unlocker 10 times now. No matter what I do i always get error 262. I've read the readme, followed all the instructions in it as well as the instructions in the program itself and i cant seem to figure it out. Additionally i've read through this entire post. Can anyone give me even more detailed instructions as to what to do? Im started to fell like a complete idiot. thank you in advance

Also are you supposed to always end up in recovery or is the program supposed to complete itself when run without any type of errors.

Last edited by kurupte; 06-24-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

DssTrainer is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurupte View Post
I've tried to install the unlocker 10 times now. No matter what I do i always get error 262. I've read the readme, followed all the instructions in it as well as the instructions in the program itself and i cant seem to figure it out. Additionally i've read through this entire post. Can anyone give me even more detailed instructions as to what to do? Im started to fell like a complete idiot. thank you in advance

Also are you supposed to always end up in recovery or is the program supposed to complete itself when run without any type of errors.

The unlocker has confusing instructions. You don't need to run the Rom Update Utility after the unlocker, even tho it autoloads it.
Try using the steps here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28462
Old 06-26-2008, 09:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Hey guys, I used cokemans unlocker and successfully flashed OMJ's cooked Alltel rom on my Touch. You guys really rock! I did have a couple of questions,

1) if I ever want to flash the OEM or another cooked rom, do I need to unlock the phone again or just hard reset to the boot loader and flash from there?

2) is there a way to get rid of the recurring annoying cannot run xxx.exe error boxes that pop up from time to time?

I searched through the forum for this one but didn't find an answer. Thanks again for all your help.

Ed
Old 06-26-2008, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

DssTrainer is becoming a great contributor

1) You only have to unlock once. The unlocker is there to stay. Just dl and flash the new roms at will.

2) Never seen that one
Old 06-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurupte View Post

did you end up gettting things to work ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
Hey guys, I used cokemans unlocker and successfully flashed OMJ's cooked Alltel rom on my Touch. You guys really rock! I did have a couple of questions,

1) if I ever want to flash the OEM or another cooked rom, do I need to unlock the phone again or just hard reset to the boot loader and flash from there?

2) is there a way to get rid of the recurring annoying cannot run xxx.exe error boxes that pop up from time to time?

I searched through the forum for this one but didn't find an answer. Thanks again for all your help.

Ed
are you referring to things like "cannot execute calnot.exe" or "replog.exe" or "tskschedule.exe"?

if so, i have seen that a few times. the culprit is usually simply the rom. i would definitely try posting in the respective rom thread, just in case (though they prob wont be able to help you out), and i would recommend a hard-reset then testing it again.

good luck!

and like ds said, the unlocker is there to stay, UNTIL you flash with an official/oem/signed rom again, which will automatically re-lock your device (depending upon which unlocker you used)

good luck!
Old 06-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Lurker

weasel is a n00b

Anyone have an idea of how to get past error [262]?

Thought at first that it was a Windows Vista issue, but the same thing happens on Windows XP. ActiveSync sees my phone and the unlocker reboots my phones and brings me to the 3 color screen, but it stays at 0% and then fails with error [262].

Tried cold booting my phone, re-installing ActiveSync, rebooting my PC, nothing.
My phone is a HTC Touch on Bell Mobility with ROM version 1.17.661 and radio version 1.59.10.

Any help appreciated!
Old 06-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

did you disconnect the usb?
Old 06-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Lurker

weasel is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
did you disconnect the usb?
\
No, why would I disconnect the USB cable? The program clearly states "Please do not remove the USB connection from the PDA Phone or launch any program during the update process."

Is removing the USB cable an undocumented step? When should I pull it out?

Thanks for the reply.

[Edit]: Am I supposed to be running Vogue_unlocker.bat or ROMUpdateUtility.exe ?

Last edited by weasel; 06-30-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development