PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 10:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TOUCH CDMA

atbcrash is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenTouched View Post
cross-posting...

Question answered here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=33
Thanks a lot for your help. How do I install the unlocker on the phone and where does it get installed (what directory). Thanks
Old 12-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Bell Touch

BeenTouched is a n00b
It's a self-extracting file...and would run properly under appropriate circumstances....
Make sure you device is connected thru ActiveSync and that you can browse to it.
Then double-click the unlocker dot exe file to autorun it....a Command Line should pop-up w/ step-by-steps ...make sure you follow them carefully.
I also noticed the process to succeed when you do not have any SD card in the device...

The above goes the same for flashing ROMs as well. And when the self-extracting doesn't run, you would generally find a file name "ROMUpdateUtility.exe" inside the folder...just launch it to start the process....

It's also highly recommended to review the "ReadMe" file included carefully before trying anything...

HTH, happy new year and It's almost New Year's Eve....forget about ROMs and Touch for a sec. and let's the parté begins!

I'll C y'all next year!

Last edited by BeenTouched; 12-30-2007 at 11:36 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo pro Soon to be Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

remlle is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to remlle Send a message via AIM to remlle Send a message via Yahoo to remlle
WIll this allow me to get off cabs to install the keyboard from it. I like this one as it works better then the ones over at xda.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:02 PM
N00b

atbcrash is a n00b
installed??

How do I know if it's been installed on my phone? Everything seems to be working fine but I need to know before I install a custom ROM on it. I read that the you get a little bit extra memory on the phone. How is JD's custom ROM?
Old 01-05-2008, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900

Mikeschevelle is just getting started
jd's rom is pretty sweet. I my only prob was with the threaded sms. froze up sometimes and could use pcm sms. Does anyone know where i can locate other roms
Old 01-06-2008, 02:26 PM
a$h
Lurker
Pocket PC: Trinity

a$h is a n00b
Hi there.

I was just wondering if this unlocker would work on following Canadians networks:

Telus - HTC Touch
http://www.telusmobility.com/on/pcs/...tc_p3050.shtml

Bell - HTC Touch
http://www.bell.ca/shopping/en_CA_ON...ractId=term36m

Rogers - HTC Touch
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...ailed=TOUCHREN

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Lurker

atsbalin is a n00b
I've tried this more than a few times now and cant get it right. if i unplug my phone and plug it back in, my comp doesn't recognize it, therefor it makes no partnership with activsync, and the thing doesn't detect it so it messes up. i tried it once without unplugging it and it worked okay but when i tried to flash the new rom, it didin't do anything. it sat at the progress screen for 20 minutes before i exited. can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong please?
Old 01-07-2008, 08:25 AM
N00b

atbcrash is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by atbcrash View Post
How do I know if it's been installed on my phone? Everything seems to be working fine but I need to know before I install a custom ROM on it. I read that the you get a little bit extra memory on the phone. How is JD's custom ROM?
Could someone answer this for me. After I installed this unlocker, my blue light stopped flashing? Is that normal. It's hard to tell if I got an extra 10mb of space.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

twospirits is a n00b
I keep getting time outs while trying to download the BigStorage Sprint Touch Rom. Are the files available elsewhere to test this unlocker.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diam0nd

iampepito is keeping up the good workiampepito is keeping up the good work
I'm just confused... for the people who don't quite understand the process and/or are paranoid about ruining their phone I *think* this question might need to be answered (as dumb as it might appear)

Why is it that there is a "relocking" process after the patched spl is installed? I dont get it? After that can I then install any custom rom? Also once my device is restarted it appears that its just as it was before I did the unlocking so.. does this mean that my device is unlocked and ready for custom flashing? The only reason I am so concerned is because when I had my Titan the tricolor screen meant that it was sucessfully unlocked and then I would use the custom NBH file to install a custom rom.

Boy am I confused ;( help please?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development