PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 10:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US
Threadstarter

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjotmo View Post
thanks i'm glad to see some people still understand what it's like to be a "noob"
haha ya, you bet.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:18 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
ive got the "coke 0.4.0" to pop up on my phone when im installing my new rom. but every time it starts to put it on there, my phone un-syncs, and in about 15 seconds i get "ERROR [260] : CONNECTION". I read the readme, and restarted my device and ran RUU again. then i restarted my computer and ran RUU again. both times it does the same thing. i have even uninstalled and reinstalled activesync. it still does the same thing. any pointers would be really appreciated.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:25 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
now my phone wont even sync up for some reason. im starting to think its an active sync problem. i dont think its uninstalling completely. i'll uninstall it and there are no profiles left in documents and setings/microsoft/activesync/ or something like that. but after i reinstall it, it still recognizes that there are 2 profiles on there from last time and i should delete one of em to make room for the new one on the computer. it doesnt make any sense.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

thejinx0r is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2561 View Post
check out the ftp, there is a stock sprint vogue rom, and others too i believe.

Is there an actual "easy" way of getting the rom from the device?

I have BELL CDMA touch, not a sprint one.
the use Mbote sort of has one, but not totally sure on what it is exactly.

I'm curious as to try some of the roms, but not curious enough to go ahead without a backup plan.

nvm, should have done a search first.

Last edited by thejinx0r; 02-07-2008 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US
Threadstarter

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
now my phone wont even sync up for some reason. im starting to think its an active sync problem. i dont think its uninstalling completely. i'll uninstall it and there are no profiles left in documents and setings/microsoft/activesync/ or something like that. but after i reinstall it, it still recognizes that there are 2 profiles on there from last time and i should delete one of em to make room for the new one on the computer. it doesnt make any sense.
thats really strange, I havent seen this before. you are starting out from the tricolor screen then right? without activesync recognizing the device?
from the tricolor screen is where you start to run the ruu correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejinx0r View Post
Is there an actual "easy" way of getting the rom from the device?

I have BELL CDMA touch, not a sprint one.
the use Mbote sort of has one, but not totally sure on what it is exactly.

I'm curious as to try some of the roms, but not curious enough to go ahead without a backup plan.

nvm, should have done a search first.
did you find what you were looking for then? if so, please post a link here for others.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Does anyone know if it's possible to flash an nbh directly from SD (as with the Titan)?
Old 02-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

ericpd is a n00b
Any word of advice on how to get SOME of the missing Sprint stuff back after a 6.1 flash would be greatly appreciated. After much reading and research last nite, I'm still at the same corner on Confusion Avenue. I did learn that the Sprint stuff is put on the phone after every hard reset via a suit of cab files and there's a script named 'Run Sprint_TSK.Ink' whose job it is to run and install all the cabs and plugins that make up the famed Sprint Junk files. I've isolated the identity of some of these files, but when I tried to find them on a fresh Touch (the wife's), they're nowhere to be found. I did notice that right before the script completed it's job of Sprintizing the phone, 'Removing...?.?.?' was the last thing that flashed across the bottom of the screen. So it's possible all the cabs were removed AFTER they were installed. But what about the plugins? They should still be there,.... Right???

I just wanna get On Demand, Sprint TV, msn Messenger, and Sprint Mail running. It would also be nice to get that stupid 'Date/Time' readout out of the space where my battery status readout us to be. Get those done and I'm in heaven.

Someone earlier said that the ONLY reason to go through this was to get the benefits of threaded SMS,... we it seems to run faster under 6.1. Maybe just in my head, but it's my perception so far. Zooming in IE ain't bad either.

Thanks for any help!
Old 02-07-2008, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

mr.BeBoT is a n00b
ericpd here's a thread to get you started, I know it may not have everything you asked for but it's a decent list of the 'stock' sprint stuff.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17801

Here is the link to TV
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=156

On Demand and Messenger you can actually d/l by browsing to the site on PIE.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

ericpd is a n00b
Hey thanks BeBot. Actually, I'm reading thru a rather long thread right now (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17301&page=2) that is answering a lot of my early questions. Don't know why I didn't stumbel across it last nite in my searching.

I tried finding Messenger from the Windows Mobile Extra site and got a 'no go' I'll try it again now. But thanks for the pointing finger towards On Demand and TV!

Also,... I'm beginning to find out that the 6.1 Rom I used is rather old. So I'm now reading up on the 107 build, but having trouble understanding kitchen and basket (basekit???), and what thier roles are and how they fit into all of this! Didn't see those terms when reading up on the 100 build.

Gotta say I'm rather enjoying this!

Last edited by ericpd; 02-07-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch

dereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to dereknjenny04
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericpd View Post
Hey thanks BeBot. Actually, I'm reading thru a rather long thread right now (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17301&page=2) that is answering a lot of my early questions. Don't know why I didn't stumbel across it last nite in my searching.

I tried finding Messenger from the Windows Mobile Extra site and got a 'no go' I'll try it again now. But thanks for the pointing finger towards On Demand and TV!

Also,... I'm beginning to find out that the 6.1 Rom I used is rather old. So I'm now reading up on the 107 build, but having trouble understanding kitchen and basket (basekit???), and what thier roles are and how they fit into all of this! Didn't see those terms when reading up on the 100 build.

Gotta say I'm rather enjoying this!
I just finished a CAB for Windows Live/Messenger that came with the Sprint Touch. I had to soft reset after installation, but it seems to be working. I was able to log into Instant Messenger and send/recieve messages.

I can post it if you like.

like my work: donate a buck

Last edited by dereknjenny04; 02-08-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development