PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US
Threadstarter

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Flashing How To

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave3520 View Post
Having some trouble upgrading the rom through VISTA. I think the unlocker worked (though I had to soft reset immediately to prevent the TELUS customizer from running). I copied the NBH file to my storage card, renamed it VOGUIMG, ran the bootloader. It flashes something about "No Image File" and then goes to the bootloader tricolour screen where nothing happens. My storage card is FAT32.

any thoughts?

Cheers.
ok so just to be sure, you named it VOGUIMG.nbh right?

also, just to be sure i would recommend not having the device connected with the pc.

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244
Old 04-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Lurker

dave3520 is a n00b

Quote:
ok so just to be sure, you named it VOGUIMG.nbh right?

also, just to be sure i would recommend not having the device connected with the pc.
I did all that, still didn't work. I did, however, manage to get my hands on an XP system and flashed it without a hitch.

As for the ROM...
seems faster in some areas, but prone to slow downs in others. Also, can't say I'm a huge fan of the green but I can't seem to change it.

Anyone know if something like SPB's Mobile Shell 2.0 will work with these 6.1 roms?

* Oh, anyone know how to get weather for cities that don't happen to be in Alberta?

Last edited by dave3520; 04-06-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave3520 View Post
I did all that, still didn't work. I did, however, manage to get my hands on an XP system and flashed it without a hitch.

As for the ROM...
seems faster in some areas, but prone to slow downs in others. Also, can't say I'm a huge fan of the green but I can't seem to change it.

Anyone know if something like SPB's Mobile Shell 2.0 will work with these 6.1 roms?

* Oh, anyone know how to get weather for cities that don't happen to be in Alberta?
well sorry you were having trouble, but good to hear you got it work with an xp system.

as for the system color...you cant change it? how so? when you go to start -> settings (personal) -> today, and change the system color/theme/whatever...nothing happens?

spb mobile shell works great. as does pointui (home).

for weather, google n2a's htc weather hack or whatever, that will allow you to add custom cities to the database. works great.

good luck.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Incredible
Carrier: Sprint Sero Baby!!!

gedster314 is keeping up the good workgedster314 is keeping up the good work

I think I may have bricked my phone. Can someone give me a little help?

I've flashed my phone a couple of times trying the various roms with out issues. I wanted to go back to stock and that's when things went wrong. I just get the rainbow bootloader screen when I boot the phone. When I go on to load the image, it starts and I get a progress bar at 0% and it never gets any farther. I tried loading from the microsd card and I get the grey screen and it it says loading but doesn't go any farther. I've tried to load previous rom images that worked before and I still get the same results.

Is there a way to reformat the nvram to all zeros and start again? I've seen this on usb thumb drives where I had to use DD to completely write 0's to the drive before I could get them to work again.

I really don't want to make a claim on Sprint's insurance if I don't have to.

Thanks
Old 04-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
I think I may have bricked my phone. Can someone give me a little help?

I've flashed my phone a couple of times trying the various roms with out issues. I wanted to go back to stock and that's when things went wrong. I just get the rainbow bootloader screen when I boot the phone. When I go on to load the image, it starts and I get a progress bar at 0% and it never gets any farther. I tried loading from the microsd card and I get the grey screen and it it says loading but doesn't go any farther. I've tried to load previous rom images that worked before and I still get the same results.

Is there a way to reformat the nvram to all zeros and start again? I've seen this on usb thumb drives where I had to use DD to completely write 0's to the drive before I could get them to work again.

I really don't want to make a claim on Sprint's insurance if I don't have to.

Thanks
try taking out the battery for a couple seconds and reinserting.

will the phone boot competely to winmo if allowed?

make sure to try resetting your pc (or trying a different one...have had that be a problem for unknown reasons).

edit: also, what does the bootloader screen say now? numbers and such...
Old 04-07-2008, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

VOGU100
SPL-0.36.0000
CPLD-3

I've already done the battery removal. I can't run the unlocker again because it does not see the phone. The actual flashing software sees the phone and trys to load the rom but the phone hangs at zero.

I've tried the uni_exitbootloader no go on that. I have mtty but the commands I have don't work well except the "task 8", it resets the phone but I still have the bootloader issue.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
VOGU100
SPL-0.36.0000
CPLD-3

I've already done the battery removal. I can't run the unlocker again because it does not see the phone. The actual flashing software sees the phone and trys to load the rom but the phone hangs at zero.

I've tried the uni_exitbootloader no go on that. I have mtty but the commands I have don't work well except the "task 8", it resets the phone but I still have the bootloader issue.
VOGU100
SPL-0.36.0000
CPLD-3

these three numbers right here mean that your phone is not currently unlocked.

you may have unlocked it before, but when you flash an official oem rom onto the device, the device relocks (imcokeman built it this way on purpose).

so what you're going to need to do is just go back and unlock the device again.

hopefully this ^ will solve your problems.

good luck, post back and tell us what happens, and feel free to ask any more questions!
Old 04-08-2008, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

The problem is I can't go back and unlock it with the unlocker.

I have since used mtty "set 16 0" and "task 8" to get the phone out of the bootloader but I am now confronted with a black screen and a solid green led. I can get into the bootloader with the power + camera + reset but still can't load the rom and if I try to connect to the pc with a black screen I get no connectivity so the unlocker is out.

I agree with you, it does seem that I am locked and that's why the rom won't load. It seems to me the problem is the lights are on but noboby is home, there is no software on the phone to talk to except the bootloader.

I think I need to figure out how to load the firmware with mtty. I have the msl if that would help.

IMCOKE pointed me in a direction to research. So I will be investigating further. If anyone knows how to load the rom via mtty I would appreciate your input. I will post what the out come is.

Thanks for your input jim2561. Seems like I jumped into the deep end of the pool and now I have to learn how to dog paddle. Well, what doesn't kill us....only makes us digg deeper holes!
Old 04-08-2008, 02:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
The problem is I can't go back and unlock it with the unlocker.
what exactly do you mean by you cant go back? also, i assume you have asked imcokeman if there is any way to unl**** it via the bootloader? such as maybe extracting the nbh from his unlocker.exe and using a vogue ruu to load it?

Quote:
...I have since used mtty "set 16 0" and "task 8" to get the phone out of the bootloader but I am now confronted with a black screen and a solid green led. I can get into the bootloader with the power + camera + reset but still can't load the rom and if I try to connect to the pc with a black screen I get no connectivity so the unlocker is out.

I agree with you, it does seem that I am locked and that's why the rom won't load. It seems to me the problem is the lights are on but noboby is home, there is no software on the phone to talk to except the bootloader.

I think I need to figure out how to load the firmware with mtty. I have the msl if that would help.

IMCOKE pointed me in a direction to research. So I will be investigating further. If anyone knows how to load the rom via mtty I would appreciate your input. I will post what the out come is.

Thanks for your input jim2561. Seems like I jumped into the deep end of the pool and now I have to learn how to dog paddle. Well, what doesn't kill us....only makes us digg deeper holes!
im really sorry im not able to help you out more. be sure to post at other forums such as xda and howard forums to get a little more input, and maybe pm a few other well-known gurus here and see what kind of feedback you get.

feel free to ask more questions and plz your progress here (for other users who may have this kind of trouble). i regret to say i am not near as knowledgeable about this as i would like to be. still though, ill be glad to help you out with anything i can!

good luck! and remember, if all else fails (and assuming you have insurance or have had the phone for less than 30 days so you can purchase it) you can turn it over to sprint for a new one!
Old 04-08-2008, 02:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Already tried using the VOGUIMG.nbh from the Unl**** from the zip and installed on the sd card and still no go. Atleast I am out of the bootloader so that if I do make the insurance claim I don't have to hand them a phone with the rainbow screen.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development