PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

selytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question How to damage Touch Pro (to upgrade to TP2 through TEP)?

So I have TP. And I have TEP (total equipment protection). Unfortunately in the year 1 own it they were no issues! No peeling chrome, no overheating, no performance issues. No real issue to go to customer support and ask to repair/exchange the phone.

So any ideas - software or mechanical - I can make my phone not working properly to qualify for an exchange?
Old 11-08-2009, 02:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

LucJoe is just getting started
Re: How to damage Touch Pro (to upgrade to TP2 through TEP)?

In other words you want us to help you commit fraud?
Old 11-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucJoe
In other words you want us to help you commit fraud?
thats what it sounds like to me

op just be glad u are one of the few that hasnt had problems with there tp!!
it will have problems soon!! wink wink lmao

Last edited by Adrianh85; 11-08-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

selytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for the moral, but that's not the point. For the rates sprint charges they'd better upgrade phone no questions asked, but they won't.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by selytch View Post
Thanks for the moral, but that's not the point. For the rates sprint charges they'd better upgrade phone no questions asked, but they won't.
and why should they do that?
Old 11-08-2009, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

OK, thanks all, I guess it is a fraud. But to answer previous question - do you know, that device price is included in the plan (i.e. part of your monthly payment goes to cover subsidized price)? Than why after 2 years monthly rate does not drop? Why if you buy full price device (like this TP2 for $600) you pay the same as if you had a subsidized phone?
Old 11-08-2009, 02:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

ok so you have had your TP for a year at most.................you havent fully paid sprint for the device going by your logic. your not entitled to get anything from sprint.

have a nice day pookie.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

This post most likely will be deleted. If something is really wrong with your phone sprint will replace it.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Rev A. Enabled

jstout1980 is a n00b

you wont get a Touch pRO 2 . I just replaced my TP with TEP and they are still are sending out TP's not TP2. So your pretty beat for now.
All custom GFX
Old 11-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

you know id love to "fraudulantly" replace my my TP with a TP2 as well but i consider myself to be one of the lucky ones who have never really had ant major problems. if it aint broke dont fix. if it doesnt have any issues than why worry about replacing it. enjoy what you. i get on this site at least once a day and read about all the problems people are having and how some are fortunate enough to get replaced with an up and think how id like to. then i think if i send off a phone where nothin is wrong it would possibly take one away from one of my ppcgeek brothren who might actualy need. long story short if your wanting to purpose comit fraud try looking it on google and dont llok a gift horse in the mouth. the grass may not always be greener on the other side. besides i personaly am gonna and see IF the leo ever comes to sprint.

... that was a lot to type on a phone. sorry if i offended anyone
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
exchange, touch pro, tp2, upgrade