PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 11:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: sprint

crow11ad is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Streaming Media app for touch pro.

I was wondering if anyone was able to mess with some of the apps that come standard on the pro from sprint. 1 in paticular is the streaming media app. Anyone figure this out. I want to be able to stream radio stations since we do not get the fm radio. Any idea how to get this to work? Step by step instructions would be great as I am sure it will help others.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Sprint

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff
Re: Streaming Media app for touch pro.

it works with m.youtube.com
Old 11-15-2008, 12:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

crow11ad is a n00b

On the touch pro there is already an app for you tube. What I am trying to do if it can be done is stream a radio station and trying to figure out how to with the streaming media app.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

Same here. I have opened the streaming media app once, then realized I didn't have an address to enter into it and closed it ha ha. All the streaming sites I go to open in Windows Media player (well, now they open in TCPMP).... So, I don't know what good the stream app does??
Old 11-15-2008, 02:58 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

try this, http://www.thestreamcenter.com/PDA/
Old 11-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
Yep, that works, but launches Windows Media Player (at least on mine). The OP (and I) would like to know why / how to use the Streaming Media app that comes with the phone. It wants an address of rtsp:// if you click connect in the app. I don't know if there is any advantage to using this rather than TCPMP or Windows Medai Player???
Old 11-15-2008, 03:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

you should be able to use orb (www.orb.com) to stream radio (xm sirius radio) and pretty much anything u have on a computer.

but a question i have is if u have a subscription to xm or sirius and u log in onto their site will u be able to listen to their radio via their site like u would be able to on a computer or do u need something to convert that stream?

theres several local radio stations near me that provide live streams of the station online i would also like to know can u navigate to those sites and just listen to the stream or do u need something like orb to convert the stream?
Old 11-15-2008, 03:57 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
you should be able to use orb (www.orb.com) to stream radio (xm sirius radio) and pretty much anything u have on a computer.

but a question i have is if u have a subscription to xm or sirius and u log in onto their site will u be able to listen to their radio via their site like u would be able to on a computer or do u need something to convert that stream?

theres several local radio stations near me that provide live streams of the station online i would also like to know can u navigate to those sites and just listen to the stream or do u need something like orb to convert the stream?
post 3 is the cab i use for sirius. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40552 this works also for xm. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26310

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 11-15-2008 at 04:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Sorry, OP, looks like nobody wants to actually read and comprehend your question. Plus I honestly don't think any of us have figured out how to use that darn program. I think it's actually what's used internally for the video player that runs when you're using the HTC Album, so the fact that there's an icon for it at all may be incidental. But obviously it looks like it's there for a reason, and its name suggests a certain purpose, but I have yet to figure out how to make it do anything useful.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:13 PM
acs tester

i tried to answer him but i was wrong so i answered another persons question. you were a big help also.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro