PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 02:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

floyd_himself is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Roms compatible with USCC?

I have US cellular as a carrier and i have noticed that some of the roms seem to be specific to one carrier or another. US cellular doesnt seem to be one of those more discussed carriers throughout this forum and was wondering what my options are as far as roms...some seem to lack information regarding the carrier...idk im new to this whole game so cut me a break. I just really am looking for more speed and performance eye candy is a plus for sure... im just lost ive waded through billions of pages and i am just stuck and lost....any help is greatful.... Thanks in advance!!
Old 10-28-2009, 05:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor
Re: Roms compatible with USCC?

yea dude. i got uscc too and have been playing around with different roms lately here. this is cdma section and uscc is cdma so anything posted in this section should be fine. I recommend checking out mighty rom as well as the one i am using now nfsfans. it is awesome!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

BillThyCat is becoming a great contributor

As long as the rom doesn't say for Sprint Only, etc then it should work. Some roms will need one of DCD's carrier cabs, tho most don't.

I have primarily used DCD's, NRG's, & Psykis roms without any problems.

BTC
Old 10-28-2009, 10:09 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to HTC Touch Pro forum.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd_himself View Post
I have US cellular as a carrier and i have noticed that some of the roms seem to be specific to one carrier or another. US cellular doesnt seem to be one of those more discussed carriers throughout this forum and was wondering what my options are as far as roms...some seem to lack information regarding the carrier...idk im new to this whole game so cut me a break. I just really am looking for more speed and performance eye candy is a plus for sure... im just lost ive waded through billions of pages and i am just stuck and lost....any help is greatful.... Thanks in advance!!
I have a us cell touch pro at one point, I was able to use pretty much any rom, you just need to check to see if there is a carrier cab around for us cell, so you dont have to re-do your settings manually.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

floyd_himself is a n00b

awesome!!! thanks guys if anyone sees a carrier cab hook me up i would be grateful!!!! thanks again for all your replies...time to get down to business
Old 11-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd_himself View Post
awesome!!! thanks guys if anyone sees a carrier cab hook me up i would be grateful!!!! thanks again for all your replies...time to get down to business
I am with USCC and have tried almost every rom on CDMA upgrade thread and have had no problems. Most roms now auto customize to your carrier (if they need a carrier cab they will usally tell you that in the first post) so the carrier cabs are not usually necessary, but its nice to have it just in case you have mms or texting issues. The carrier cabs are done by DCD and I will link USCC's one here.

I am running Psyki 4 right now and have to say its a nice one with few bugs if your new to flashing. If you try it, download the 9/14 version, it ran with the fewest bugs of any rom I have used so far. I have been also running a trial version of his new build thats shaping up to be good one, but its not released yet.

If you have a wife and family be carefull flashing can become addicting .

Good luck.

Edit: I noticed that your bio says your running a 6800 titan, if thats the case ignore the info on psyke roms, they are for the touch pro. Go with DCD's 6800 rom, its clean simple and a good place to start.
Attached Files
File Type: cab dcd USCC Carrier 20090704.cab (609.9 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by swlaraut; 11-01-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

do you know where's a good copy of arcsoft for uscc that works good for you on these custom roms?
Old 11-01-2009, 04:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
do you know where's a good copy of arcsoft for uscc that works good for you on these custom roms?
try out the 5.2.1.22 I have had great success with it on my tp and tp2
Old 11-01-2009, 04:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
try out the 5.2.1.22 I have had great success with it on my tp and tp2
need one already setup for uscc. noob friendly. ha. i have found a couple uscc arcsoft cabs floating around, but they don't work. give error on sending or receiving.

Last edited by razorloves; 11-01-2009 at 04:20 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
roms, us cellular