PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kubel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: microsoft tellme app working on touch pro!!!!!

Runs on my Touch Pro with MightyRom 6. 95% of the time, I get the error "Didn't go through. Try again" or "Try holding phone closer to your mouth".

The regular MS voice recognition applications seems to work just fine. I'm not sure what the problem is.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

funbobnopants is keeping up the good workfunbobnopants is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to funbobnopants

WARNING.... I have installed this twice on my Orignal (Dec 0 Sprint HTC Touch Pro running stock 6.1 ROM. Both times it has cause the Programs folder to disappear from Windows. It runs fine but after a soft reset it causes Quick Menu to lose the Program folder under Start. Going to windows in the file explorer clicking start menu the folder programs is also missing. Deleting Quick Menu and reinstalling it does not correct the problem. Only solution is the dreaded hard reset. This has happened twice to me, first time I had no idea which application causes it, but after installing the cab from the first post I lost programs again. Be Careful with Tell Me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: at&t Tilt2
Carrier: at&t

Jamon723 is a n00b

Has anyone gotten this to work on a Tilt 2 (at&t's TouchPro2)??? The only way I've been able to send transcribed texts is to do so with the phone connection disabled, while having a WiFi connection. The message won't actually send through the WiFi connection but when I enable the phone connection after, I can go to my texts & see it there with the "was not sent, try again?" notification. Selecting try again get's the job finally done. It's a rather long, tedious process of sending a text message. Probably could have typed it faster. Until this works on at&t's network, it's not really a worthwhile program. Voice command already does most of the same functions. But I would like using the speech to text message while driving(no WiFi signal there though). Any luck, Anyone???
Old 03-11-2010, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There is also a text to speech program called tellme text to speech...
It works great on my Touch Pro.
Attached Files
File Type: cab TellMeText_1.1.0_Signed.CAB (2.68 MB, 108 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by zepsamsung; 03-11-2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: added cab
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by funbobnopants View Post
WARNING.... I have installed this twice on my Orignal (Dec 0 Sprint HTC Touch Pro running stock 6.1 ROM. Both times it has cause the Programs folder to disappear from Windows. It runs fine but after a soft reset it causes Quick Menu to lose the Program folder under Start. Going to windows in the file explorer clicking start menu the folder programs is also missing. Deleting Quick Menu and reinstalling it does not correct the problem. Only solution is the dreaded hard reset. This has happened twice to me, first time I had no idea which application causes it, but after installing the cab from the first post I lost programs again. Be Careful with Tell Me.
Ah ha! That explains it. I'm also running stock rom. I didn't lose the Programs folder on the Quick Menu. It plays just like always when I click Start. But the Prog folder is missing in File Explorer. And has been for some time. Probably since I installed TellMe. It's good to know which app has been causing the glitch.

However... I can call up the Programs folder just fine in Total Commander. And I can also access it on my laptop when I am docked in ActiveSync under Explore. So it's not really a big deal.

Last edited by WanderingMinstrel; 03-11-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro0
Carrier: sprint

1stsaiyan is a n00b

i have a sprint touch pro2 and works just fine
Old 09-18-2010, 06:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

HolyCow21 is a n00b

I just found this thread and it's running on my Touch Pro. I've tried many times now and only once has it actually composed a text for me. Every other time it tells me to hold the phone closer to my mouth or something. It's a cool concept, but a little frustrating to try to use.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kingduke65 is a n00b

Im new to installing cab files to my Touch pro 2, so i don't know if I did the install properly or the program just didn't take. Can somebody explain to me how to properly install the file. thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro