PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 11:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Htc Touch Pro Metro Pcs Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfreaky12 View Post
Will unlocking my phone cause me to have to reflash my phone with Metro? I already have the service, so if I do this entire tutorial, will anything happen to my phone?
no and asking questions without saying thanks is kinda rude

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: MetroPcs
Threadstarter

djfreaky12 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
no and asking questions without saying thanks is kinda rude
I thanked
Old 10-25-2009, 08:23 AM
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I thanked
you youngsters lol
Old 10-25-2009, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: MetroPCS

Mmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Okay... so maybe this won't help at all, but...

Make sure you have a 1x prl loaded - because last time I checked (albeit awhile ago!) internet won't work if you've got a 3g prl loaded.

My two cents. Good luck! xoxo
Old 10-25-2009, 04:46 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmaureenn View Post
Okay... so maybe this won't help at all, but...

Make sure you have a 1x prl loaded - because last time I checked (albeit awhile ago!) internet won't work if you've got a 3g prl loaded.

My two cents. Good luck! xoxo
maureen is kinda cute lol, prl effects it, but once its houdinied the right PRL is put on the phone.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

djfreaky12 is a n00b

LOLOLOL, anyways, I have a few questions!

Quote:
5: Goto Connections and delete any existing connections and setup a new one using the following settings:

Number to dail = #777
Username: yourtendigitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
Password: metropcs
Domain: (Leave Blank)

Select Proxy Settings and enter the following values:
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (http)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:443 (secure wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (socks)

6: Back in the "Connections" screen where you have two tabs at the bottom of the screen of "Tasks" and "Advanced", go to Advanced, click on "Select Networks" and select the name of the connection you just setup.

Example if you leave as Sprint then choose that one as your internet connection and do it for both settings.

Okay, question number one, do I delete network connections, or My work Network connections, both maybe?

and second question is, do I make my new connection in Network connections or in My Work Network connections?

Quote:
6: Using a Registry Editor edit the following values:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader]

DELETE KEY -> "X-VzW-MDN"
ADD Key -> X-metropcs-MDN
Then Hold your stylus on the key you just made and hit Edit and add your MDN
ADD Key -> X-DEVICE-MIN
Then Hold your stylus on the key you just made and hit Edit and add 1+ MDN(Try your actual MIN first, if not use the MDN) But make sure its like this for example 10000000000 not just your number the 1 infront of the mdn is important.

Last but not least, I can't find the "x-vzw-mdn" key. and I don't understand the last part about the number 1 thing.

Sorry to be a noob, but help is appreciated!
Old 10-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

djfreaky12 is a n00b

Bump, please help!
Old 10-27-2009, 10:07 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
LOLOLOL, anyways, I have a few questions!

Okay, question number one, do I delete network connections, or My work Network connections, both maybe?

and second question is, do I make my new connection in Network connections or in My Work Network connections?

Last but not least, I can't find the "x-vzw-mdn" key. and I don't understand the last part about the number 1 thing.

Sorry to be a noob, but help is appreciated!
go to connections, manage my connections, then delete the original #777 one and replace with it the directions.

if you dont have the x-vzw thing dont worry, and when you create the value X-DEVICE-MIN put a 1 in front your phone number with area code.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: MetroPCS

Mmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
maureen is kinda cute lol, prl effects it, but once its houdinied the right PRL is put on the phone.
Awww... thanks.

However, if someone lives in an EVDO area then isn't there a chance that the EVDO prl would be loaded by Houdini? And don't the internet settings not work unless it's on 1x? I just remember reading that on HoFo. But you mafia guys know way more than me, so you're probably right... LOLOL

xoxo Maureen
Old 10-28-2009, 10:33 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmaureenn View Post
Awww... thanks.

However, if someone lives in an EVDO area then isn't there a chance that the EVDO prl would be loaded by Houdini? And don't the internet settings not work unless it's on 1x? I just remember reading that on HoFo. But you mafia guys know way more than me, so you're probably right... LOLOL

xoxo Maureen
I'd tell you to hit me up if your closer lol.

There is a chance, this is just speculation though, there are not many EVDO capable metro-pcs area's, I would think the phone would be able to go from 1x to ev-do, but again I could be mistaken only because when you go to the EPST settings you change your mobile IP to simple IP only, I'm not sure if that would effect it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro