PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
going back to 6.1

everything in 6.5 with the new build lags for me. i think i should just go back to 6.1 and not have to wait for 10 seconds for my phone screen to come back up. can i please have a suggestion who i should use to flash. havent used 6.1 in months. a link would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 10-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work
Re: going back to 6.1

same here... 6.5 hasn't fully matured, some nice added features, but there's still some bugs.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

djstone86 is becoming a great contributor

It you want one thats clean and really fast.
DCD's .96 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69754

one that has goodies Mighty Mikes http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67139
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (HTC_Touch_Pro_T7272 Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

i was at the same point. the thing i hate about cooked roms is searching through the forums looking for fixes for small things. that is the only reason why i never flashed juicy or mighty. recently i've been flashing 6.5 roms and NRG gave me the least amount of issues (though my one gripe is that it is loading with software i never touched). even so, it was pretty to look at, decent battery (easy to find fixxes though) and has rock solid stability. Im on NFS now but will go to the new NRG.
going back to you actual question, i loved juggalo's 6.1. it was my first ever flash and i always went back to it after other 6.1 flashes. the nice part was no bugs and no need to search through 1500 pages of posts for silly fixes. and it was memory friendly. i just wanted to share this all with you as an intermediate user (though i know there are a ton of experts and cooks out there that may know better). I just wish he made a 6.5 rom for our TP.

Last edited by aman1127; 10-24-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: SP

qwe123a is a n00b

I think I have Hibby's 1.7 Rom and I'm very happy with it.

see link to it
http://rapidshare.com/files/29755422...ic_PP.rar.html
Old 10-25-2009, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

Zombie Scott is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
everything in 6.5 with the new build lags for me. i think i should just go back to 6.1 and not have to wait for 10 seconds for my phone screen to come back up. can i please have a suggestion who i should use to flash. havent used 6.1 in months. a link would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Log into your Sprint page and get the recently released ROM. It is much smoother and faster than the original release.

http://support.sprint.com/support/
Old 10-27-2009, 09:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tygger is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Scott View Post
Log into your Sprint page and get the recently released ROM. It is much smoother and faster than the original release.

http://support.sprint.com/support/
I agree, it's smoother and faster than the orginal, but still has some new quirks.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

sprints 2.01 MR isn't that bad actually lol... my brothers using MM's and although its appealing for WM6.5 and w/e speed wise it's about even... i've reg tweaked my OEM about as much as possible and it's actually quite comparable...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro